The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1G A/C Part name help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cme

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2021
Moss Point, Mississippi
May I please ask what this doodad is called so I can try to find one to order that I circled in yellow? It's from my idler tension bracket thing. We replaced the pulley and the adjustment bolt broke off in it, and my friend got the piece out but damaged the threads in the process so the new bolt won't thread into it now. I can't put the serpentine belt back on until I get another one of these doodads to replace the screwed up one. 😭. That long bolt is supposed to screw up into that messed up piece.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
It's not a part that's available by itself from Mitsubishi. Anyone that has an A/C system they aren't using should be able to get you one, though. Or a junkyard. I'm sure there are plenty of options.

Good evening! The part I bought from a fellow member on here wasn't the one I needed, so may I please if anyone knows what the name of this is called? I need this bracket and it should have a pulley with 5 ribs instead of three like the wrong one I bought. I also still need the part I circled in yellow above in an earlier comment on this post so if anyone knows what this whole bracket with the pulley and other doodads on it is called so I can try to find one in a search, please help. Also, if you have one you'd like to sell, please message me.
Posting pics of the front and back of the correct one I need, but also need a good 5 rib pulley and the other doodads I spoke of on it also please if someone has one all together.

If I'm reading the part number on the bracket properly (MB917488?, second picture), then that's a bracket for a 2G non-turbo (420A) car. I don't expect it is compatible with a 1G. But same story and song here with that piece you need - not available separately, only as a kit. MB898993 as shown below has been superseded by MR398887.

If I'm reading the part number on the bracket properly (MB917488?, second picture), then that's a bracket for a 2G non-turbo car. I don't expect it is compatible with a 1G. But same story and song here with that piece you need - not available separately, only as a kit. MB898993 as shown below has been superseded by MR398887.

Thank you. Yes it says MB917488. The others that I found on it are 8126 or G, it's hard to tell, and 4T-4 D12 S. The T looked like an F with a line across the top like a T has but with a line in the middle like an F so I guess it's a hyphen. It's the bracket that he pulled off of my car today. If it isn't the one that's supposed to be on it, then I wonder if my dad that had dementia put that one on there buying it by mistake? He has passed so I can't ask him. 😞 There was a problem with the pulley, iirc, so maybe that's what the problem was, that he bought and put the wrong one on, but my friend is fixing my car said that it's the right one so I have no idea. My friend said the one that I bought off here is too big to be the right one and won't fit?

Thank you. Yes it says MB917488. The others that I found on it are 8126 or G, it's hard to tell, and 4T-4 D12 S. The T looked like an F with a line across the top like a T has but with a line in the middle like an F so I guess it's a hyphen. It's the bracket that he pulled off of my car today. If it isn't the one that's supposed to be on it, then I wonder if my dad that had dementia put that one on there buying it by mistake? He has passed so I can't ask him. 😞 There was a problem with the pulley, iirc, so maybe that's what the problem was, that he bought and put the wrong one on, but my friend is fixing my car said that it's the right one so I have no idea.

It is absolutely not the right part for a 1G. If it works, cool, though it doesn't sound like it if the pulley isn't right.

The diagram I first provided is correct for a 1G with the 2.0L 4G63. See also: Replace the AC tensioner pulley bearing
Thank you so much and I am so grateful for your help. Blessings to you and yours. I'll tell him to put the one I bought on there and make it fit. 🤣 I wish I would've chosen to go to college for automotive technician instead of environmental technology. I haven't used that even once but I find myself messing with these vehicles I have on the regular. Big big hugs!☺️

It is absolutely not the right part for a 1G. If it works, cool, though it doesn't sound like it if the pulley isn't right.

The diagram I first provided is correct for a 1G with the 2.0L 4G63. See also: Replace the AC tensioner pulley bearing
So this one off a 91 GSX is the right one, please, if I may ask just so I'm clear LOL?☺️ Also, since this one has 3 ribs on the pulley and mine had 5, what do I have to change to make it match up with whatever the belt will also go around please?

Yes, that would be right. The belt loops the pulley on the tensioner, the pulley on the A/C compressor, and the crank pulley. If any of these components don't match the belt that would match the pulley on the tensioner you received, you could always try using the 5-rib pulley in place of the 3-rib. Otherwise, you might try to identify the components that don't match our just aim to get the proper replacements.

Thank you. Now I reckon I wish the 3 rib pulley was the right one supposed to be on it and I'd just donate the bracket I bought to someone that needed it. That's odd that daddy replaced all that stuff you said with the wrong stuff years ago bless his heart. 🤣 He probably went to the junkyard and they only had the 1.8l or whatever he got it off of and grabbed the other pulleys and doodads. What in the world was he thinking. That was before eBay etc though. Now to try to get all the right doodads to put on it. Mercy that's going to be so expensive.

I haven't checked to see how much pulleys etc cost so I'm just going to pray they aren't too expensive! Eeek 🤣 Goodnight and thanks again! 🥰

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back