The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1g 90 vs 91-94 harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetiger

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2005
Smallville, Georgia
yeah I gotta 90 TSI and I need a harness, but before I go an buy just any ol harness I want to know the differences between the 90 and the 91-94 DSMs.

I ask because some guy on ebay keeps tellin me the 91 GSX harness will work perfectly, and I got RYAN from DSMotorSports telling me it is wrong, lot's of patch work to make operational.

So who's right? What is different in the harnesses???

Solution
You should use a harness from a 90 unless you want to splice a bunch of things. ISC motor and CAS are just two things completley different from the 91-94. Oh yeah so are the TPS, PTU, Coil, and computer plug-ins.

Just use a 90 harness and save yourself the headaches. The guy trying to sell his 91 harness to you just wants to make a sale and doesnt care if it will work on your car or not.
Firstly, this is in NO WAY "Extreme Tech." material. Seriously, all you need to do is click on to www.vfaq.com , look up the 1000 asked and answered questions link and READ. I see you are new on the board, but, you will actually learn more this way than posting threads like these that we have seen 10,000 times and having people flame you for doing so. :thumb:

I came for help buddy... can you help? if not... find somethin better to do.

I've already spent and hour reading though all the nOOb talk trying to find the answers... I posted here as a last resort hoping a mature and knowledgable Tech would grace me with the answers.

srry for off topic post

You should use a harness from a 90 unless you want to splice a bunch of things. ISC motor and CAS are just two things completley different from the 91-94. Oh yeah so are the TPS, PTU, Coil, and computer plug-ins.

Just use a 90 harness and save yourself the headaches. The guy trying to sell his 91 harness to you just wants to make a sale and doesnt care if it will work on your car or not.

Solution
whitetiger said:
I came for help buddy... can you help? if not... find somethin better to do.

I've already spent and hour reading though all the nOOb talk trying to find the answers... I posted here as a last resort hoping a mature and knowledgable Tech would grace me with the answers.

srry for off topic post

Well, you need to refine your searching skills then if you could not come up with some of the differences between a 90' and a 91'-94' harness. :thumb:

Sorry, I do not spoon feed - especially noobies who cope an attitude. Someone else will answer your question.

Yeah, you would believe some EBAYER over a shop that works on these cars day in and day out.. :rolleyes:

I just want to point out that the VFAQ although reliable is mostly text based and links that describe any particular walk-through are usually broken and from "back in the day".
NABR considers "tunerz" as a whole to be noobish.

There is no way to prevent the millions of threads you've already seen.
For example MBC issues, where to hook up gauges, what parts from what years
are compatible/swappable, etc.

You broke rule #1 anyway
No "Use the Search" replies - answer the question, link to the answer, or don't reply.

Telling someone who is new to the boards to go somewhere else makes
the point of HAVING a noob forum pointless. IMO

You did link to the site although that's a pretty broad way of going about answering the question. :|

Call me a hypoctie for posting this, that's fine, just my .02 cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back