The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g 7bolt lower timing belt cover the same as 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gritsak

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 31, 2002
ohio
does anyone know if the lower timing belt cover from a 2g will fit on a 7bolt 1g motor? they are listed as different part numbers through mitsu, but i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put one on?

Dont like to bring things back from the dead ...buuuuut.

I just put in a new 6bolt but all I have is a 7bolt cover. I was working on my car out in the middle of no where, so I just did a little trimming and the cover fits great. BUT, I'm worried I cant trust the timing gauge on the cover (BTDC readings). Does anyone know if its inaccurate in doing this?

I ask because I seem to have my timing off, but I've been doing this for years and cant figure out how I screwed that up?!:nono:

Back from the dead again. Cause I'm in need of a timing cover myself for my 6-bolt and all I have is a 2g lower timing cover and do not want to pay the price of a *new* cover since its hard to find a good used one.

So anyone know about this subject, on if the timing marks are right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back