The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 1g 7 bolt head with 13mm head holes ok on a 1g 6 bolt block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
Backwards question from what I have been asking. I have been thinking of putting my built 1g 7 bolt head on my 6 bolt 1g/GVR4 since I want to install my used 272 Crower Cams that I found on the Laser on my GVR-4. The 1g 7 bolt head was built by Dale Morss (Bogus SVO) and has the following specs:

Resurfaced cylinder head with 3 angles on the seat + 2 angles on the valves, back cut valves, factory seats, and 6t valves, 1100 BC Springs, Viton Blue seals, oil port mod, and cc'd at 7.6:1

I don't want to put the Crower Cams on my Galant's (what I believe to be) stock head and have issues with the springs later.

The time to do this is right since I have to do the timing belt on the Galant soon anyways.

I think this is just a bit invasive to pull the head on the Galant for that, but I am getting fairly good at pulling heads these days...just takes me a long time.

I think my idea of throwing that built head on my 94 Laser would be good for reliability but wasteful at the same time. I could put the known good stock 1g head on my 7 bolt Laser and have a decent daily...after all the #2 piston isn't looking that great on the Laser's 7 bolt block anyways.

Would you take the risk of pulling a perfectly good stock head on the GVR-4 to upgrade?

Any potential hangups with running that built 1g 7 bolt head on the GVR-4? I believe another poster mentioned that they did that and there are no issues.

The head will bolt right on. You only run into problems with headstuds and intake ports when you get to a 2g 7 bolt head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back