The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 6 bolt DSM -possible clutch/trans noise at 3000 RPM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK I found the vibration/noise. It is the alternator!!LOL

It is vibrating like crazy at that RPM, after wedging it with a pry bar the noise is gone.

I am using the Jay Racing relocation kit. I don't think the design of the kit can keep enough support to prevent it from vibrating especially if the balance shaft are removed.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Thank you for all the previous suggestions. noises can telegraph and be very difficult to pinpoint, but as usual when you finally find the issue it is usually something ridiculous.

I had this problem with my disc. Not 100% sure but think my car having a welded diff had something to due with it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Had something similar happen with my ACT clutch disc back in 2007. I removed the tranny, noticed the part of the disc that accepts the transmission input shaft would move around. I could move the damper springs by hand and they sounded similar to the rattle noise I would occasionally hear. I was pretty hard on that clutch; 7000 RPM shifts. This was in a FWD trans built by TRE. I just drove it and ignored it...had problems with the car/engine and only got 23000 miles out of that setup. Trans was great until the end.
I had this problem with my disc. Not 100% sure but think my car having a welded diff had something to due with it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back