The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1G 3000GT VR4 Big Brake Kit on 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theamsoilguy

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2010
Edmonton, AB_Canada
Neither of my sets of 17 wheels fit, but I was expecting that as both have the wheel spokes hit the caliper.

Does anyone have these brakes on a 1g? Apparently if you get the second gen of the calipers they sit out too far and the pad doesnt completely sit on the rotor. I dont have pads to confirm as I need to order some race ones up. But by looking at the setup I might have the wrong calipers.

Regardless, here are some pics of the install. And if anyone can confirm if I have the right calipers or not it would be good to hear.

Calipers are supposed to be from a 1st gen 3000 awd turbo model and 13 inch ford cobra rotors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
It's tough to tell from the photo, but it looks like maybe your bracket is upside down? The "pointy" end should point upward.

I have these on one of my 1g's. You definitely need the 1g VR4 calipers, as the mounting tabs are different on the 2g calipers. The RTM brackets are designed around the 1g caliper. I did not have any trouble bolting mine up using the RTM brackets. I am running Evo8 Enkei's, and the calipers clear by a good 3-5mm.

Here's what you need to check: http://www.3si.org/forum/f41/difference-between-1g-2g-vr4-calipers-518496/index2.html

When you installed these on you 1G did you find that the rotor hit the lower control arm near the ball joint mount? Also are you running these on a 1G without ABS?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back