The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G/2G Cheaper Fuel Injector Insulators

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well some of you guys might have ran into the problem I recently had. I was doing a boost leak test and I was getting some air leaking out of one of the injector seals. I proceed to check it out, and sure enough the injector insulator has turned to hard plastic and cracked.

So after doing a search here on dsmtuners, the most obvious was stated that I needed to replace the injector insulators. There were different suggestions on where to get it, the most common was from satan. That's your local Mitsubishi dealership if your a DSM n00b, if not why do you own a DSM and not know this?! There were also suggestions about getting them from our trusted DSM vendors.

Of course many factors here, the dealership might not have it in stock in which case you must wait a day and if you need to finish the project the same day this obviously won't help, and if they do they are $10-15 overpriced. Now buying them online from a DSM vendor, again the wait time is not going to help for those who need it. Also shipping prices might kill the better prices.

Now on one of the threads, someone mentioned they went to HDR (Home Depot Racing) and bought these for dirt cheap. I figure I check them out, before I go to the dealership.

So below is a picture of the part I picked up.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This part is located in the hardware isle where they have all the bolts, screws, etc. I'm sure you've been here before to buy other parts that I'm sure is being used on your DSM today. Now keep going down pass all the bolts and you will see that small section with the trays that open up. They have the metric bolts here. The popular m8 that you use for the camber kit BTW. You'll see a drawer that says rubber/neoprene washer, bushing; something of that nature.

It's 3/8" size and its a neoprene rubber. The barcode sku# 30699 73568. They were about $3 and some change for all 4. You will need 4 of these obviously.

The one on the left is the old injector insulator, the one on the right is the home depot one.

Now below is a picture of it on the injector.

If you look in the background you will see the other injectors still with the old insulators.

Now how are they holding up? They hold up great and they work. Only time will tell for how long. It fixed my boost leak in the injectors. All for about $3 and some change.

Now for some info on Neoprene rubber:

Neoprene polychloroprene is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber with 70 years of proven performance in a broad industry spectrum. It was originally developed as an oil-resistant substitute for natural rubber. Neoprene is noted for a unique combination of properties, which has led to its use in thousands of applications in diverse environments.

* Resists degradation from sun, ozone and weather
* Performs well in contact with oils and many chemicals
* Remains useful over a wide temperature range
* Displays outstanding physical toughness
* Resists burning inherently better than exclusively hydrocarbon rubbers
* Outstanding resistance to damage caused by flexing and twisting

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back