The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1g/2g Axles in Evo 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maveryk

Probationary Member
Sep 15, 2021
Virginia
I apologize upfront for any ignorance when it comes to this, but would the front axles from a 1g/2g, galant, etc. fit in an Evo 3?

I'm looking to buy an Evo 3, but the front driver's side CV axle is bad. I want to make sure there are compatible parts that I can use without having to source parts overseas. Any help would be appreciated!

Evo 3 CV shafts are still available at RockAuto HERE. I wasn't sure of the model year so I went with a 2003.
The 1g/2g axles are not the same part number.
Marty

Appreciate the lookout, but it's for a 95' Evo 3. The 03' Evo's don't have the same outer or inner spline counts

I will see if I can find anything else in my "down" time :)
Be helpful and post as much info as you can about it so we are all on the same page. Thanks!
I don't see a listing for that year for an Evo, is it a GVR4?

It looks like the part number is MR165846, pulled this from www.nengun.com

It doesn't have details, but I was searching around online and came across this site:
https://www.viamoto.co.uk/products.php?cat=EVO+2+3+CE9A+-+Driveline+and+Axles

They have two different outer CV joint kits, one that has 24 inner spline count and one that has 30 inner spline count.

I've been trying to find axles that have those counts, the closest I've seen were from 1g or gvr4s, which had 25 and 25 spline counts.

Gotcha, well in my searches I will look for those specifics. Keep your fingers crossed, I would think that if we can get 1g/2g CV's the Evo CV's should be available also.

The 1g AWD axles work for the front. I put a RHD passenger's side axle in my Evo 1 and it worked, although it failed pretty quickly because it was junk and I beat the crap out of it. I have a new pair of higher quality rockauto axles if I ever get to it.

The 1g AWD axles work for the front. I put a RHD passenger's side axle in my Evo 1 and it worked, although it failed pretty quickly because it was junk and I beat the crap out of it. I have a new pair of higher quality rockauto axles if I ever get to it.
That's great! Do you happen to know what axle seal works, 1g as well?
Any ideas on what might fit the rear axles?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back