The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 1g (1993) 7-Bolt Oil Baffle (Windage tray)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cano86

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2008
Hartford, Connecticut
I have been searching for a answer since yesterday but end up in the same posts without a specific answer, possibly am missing a term in the search query but please point me in the right direction on this one.

I have a 7-Bolt Block out of a 93 gsx that I built for my project. Now that block when I bought it came with the Main Girdle but no (Windage tray/Baffle).

I can't find that part nowehere online, everywhere I search I come up with the Late 95.5/99 baffle but to my understanding they are different. I also stumble accross some post which say the 1g's didn't come with them.

Question is:
Can I modify the 2g Baffle to fit the 1g 7-bolt block? Is the only difference on them that 1 bolt next to the oil dipstick or are there any other difference between the 2.

Because regardless of it bringing or not from factory, I want to have one installed as the car will see track and don't want oil windage to become an issue. TIA.

The 1G 7-bolt did not have a windage tray.

Can it be adapted? Sure. Where there's a will, there's a way. Shouldn't be much more than mocking it up, drilling and tapping a few holes. Then either cut off the extra support on the pick-up tube or get a 2G pick-up tube that does not have it and move that main bolt to allow the tray to mount up.

Here's a nice topic with pics for comparison purposes, assuming the verdict they reached there is correct: http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=276263&sid=b6974ecbe8add95166bf9771be718a64

The 1G 7-bolt did not have a windage tray.

Can it be adapted? Sure. Where there's a will, there's a way. Shouldn't be much more than mocking it up, drilling and tapping a few holes. Then either cut off the extra support on the pick-up tube or get a 2G pick-up tube that does not have it and move that main bolt to allow the tray to mount up.

Here's a nice topic with pics for comparison purposes, assuming the verdict they reached there is correct: http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=276263&sid=b6974ecbe8add95166bf9771be718a64

Done!! Thanks for the input

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back