The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1G 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FaTZAch420

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2007
Phelan, California
I traded my modded, but decaying 1990 Eclipse GS-T that was in a total state of disarray for a clean looking, 100% stock 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo...The only thing wrong with it is that the ECU is bad...As in "car don't work" bad. That's not too bad considering that my Eclipse had a laundry list of issues I didn't want to address, so I figured, hey, I'll start over. Now to the point...The ECU on all 1990 FWD Turbo DSM cars is the same, right?

Now, the ECU on all Turbo 1g DSMs are the same, or no?

I found a replacement ECU out of a 1991 GSX that my friend has that he'll give me for fitty bucks, but will it function correctly in my car? Is it a simple "plug in and go" or is it a "plug in and no go"? He said he burned, or "arched" (I think that was the term he used) it when he was doing something with the battery...Now, does that mean I opened myself up to having to replace wiring, sensors, etc. I was assured by him and his friend, a "DSM Guru" that all I needed was to replace the ECU.

He had a diagnostics sheet from a shop that he gave to me that says "Replace ECU", which is pretty obvious, but is there likely more than that?

^ not true I'm using a 5spd ecu in my auto just fine. Plus it allows me to run a few more things...

Well I can run 450's as apposed to 390's and there isn't a timing cut inbetween shifts anymore. Plus I believe the 5spd cars came with different fuel maps too.

OP: Thats really all you have to do.

There is a thread somewhere on here about how to do it. And also on vfaq.com Great website, bookmark it, you will use it frequently.

James :laser::talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back