The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 1g 1650 FIC high z tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
Having a little difficulty setting up these injectors. Regardless ive been using standard pte 1000 injectors and they have been working great. Am i missing something in regards to installing these injectors? The resister pack was removed and I used the plug fic sells. I set the global to 73.4 and deadtime to 1019, beyond that is there something else i need to input?

Deadtime sounds very high, are hi z injectors a lot different than low impedance? My 1650 low z's are set at 550 deadtime and the guys at ECMTuning Forum say it is too high just as a comparison.

Yes they are different, I used what the paperwork said. I could very well just be running very rich. We will see

My high z injectors i ended up going richer with the global and only using the injector voltage da tables(which were close but not perfect). Once the global is set and afr matches target afr in da table then tweak the inj voltage table to get idle perfect

My high z injectors i ended up going richer with the global and only using the injector voltage da tables(which were close but not perfect). Once the global is set and afr matches target afr in da table then tweak the inj voltage table to get idle perfect
Im goin to sound stupid but I have been struggling getting the car afr dialed in. So I actually had the idle dialed in, airflow per rev etc. So lets say you do a wot pull and your running rich in a certian point. I go to the speed density table and lower the number in the chart as im tracking through the log. This is correct yes? The lower the number on the chart the leaner you are?

Yes this is true. As long as none of your cells go above 100 your ok. If your seeing cells over 100 you need to richen up your global. Likewise if at 30 psi and 6000 rpm your ve table is only 60 then id say you need to lean out global. Theres no set in stone way since you can compensate with the ve table and not know your doing it.

Got a picture of your ve table?
Heres the log from my fp green its similar. For instance, with my pte 1000s I have my global set at 52.0 and 455, To setup my idle and get my idle dialed in for airflow per rev, I have to lower those number on the left of the graph really low, last night when I took the car for a drive wot I kept lowering the numbers on the table were I was in wot and it wasn't leaning out. How low do you have to subtract the numbers? I find by increasing the global to 57 my arf lean out were I want them, but it messes with the idle. Like im going back and forth if that makes sense

Attachments

• log.2016.08.24-02.elg
    303.1 KB · Views: 105
They were some of the easiest to setup injectors I have run. I made sure my airflow was dialed in at idle, set the global, then played with the direct acces latency tables. Then I did a few wot pulls to make sure the global was correct.

I'm not a big stickler on the tune being "perfect". If the wideband reads .1+- what I'm commanding, I'm not getting knock, and the idle/cruise trims are close, it's a wrap.

It's also a pet peeve of mine when someone posts a log and the peanut gallery crys about the tps being 98% instead of 100% on a pull. I can guarantee that's not the reason people's cars run like crap when they are asking for help.

They were some of the easiest to setup injectors I have run. I made sure my airflow was dialed in at idle, set the global, then played with the direct acces latency tables. Then I did a few wot pulls to make sure the global was correct.

I'm not a big stickler on the tune being "perfect". If the wideband reads .1+- what I'm commanding, I'm not getting knock, and the idle/cruise trims are close, it's a wrap.

It's also a pet peeve of mine when someone posts a log and the peanut gallery crys about the tps being 98% instead of 100% on a pull. I can guarantee that's not the reason people's cars run like crap when they are asking for help.
I had the idle setup fine, the car was just running extremely rich at wot, are you running e85 with those, im on pump gas for now. I had the global in the mid 70s the program maxes out at 80, so in other words I need to lower the speed density table a lot to lean out the mixture yes?

Heres the log from my fp green its similar. For instance, with my pte 1000s I have my global set at 52.0 and 455, To setup my idle and get my idle dialed in for airflow per rev, I have to lower those number on the left of the graph really low, last night when I took the car for a drive wot I kept lowering the numbers on the table were I was in wot and it wasn't leaning out. How low do you have to subtract the numbers? I find by increasing the global to 57 my arf lean out were I want them, but it messes with the idle. Like im going back and forth if that makes sense
Idle afr is affected by deadtime greatly. You want to adjust global until the majority of your wot pull the target afr abd your wideband match by atleast .2. Then use the ve table to fine tune. If you find a cell go over 100 then go back and adjust global richer.

You prob need to lean out more and add deadtime to fix idle
Let me clarify this, the car idles great when the dead time is at 52, but the wot are super rich so wouldn't I just remove whatever percentage from the speed density chart until it leans out? At 57 global my idle is not as clean but my wot pulls are really close.So I feel like I'm going back and forth....So shouldn't I be setting my idle and then dialing in the wot pull there after by lowering the numbers in the cells?

So if I configure by log, scroll over my wot pull, make the speed density table opaque and remove the percentage im off from target afr? That's how I thought you were supposed to do it

So if the cells are [87][88] and it's telling me I'm minus 6% isn't that tell me I need to remove 6% fuel to reach my target afr in that cell?

Straight out of the book of tuning 1g dsm on sd.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 210
At WOT deadtime contributes nearly nothing to the total injector pulse width. At WOT the pulsewidth is very large so a few microseconds add almost nothing to what the total pulsewidth actual is.

Deadtime is most important at idle and at cruise.

You can't just pull/add 6% if its off 6% WBFactor. It's an iterative process. If I was at 6% WBFactor I would pull/add 1-2% and then go for a pull and see what that does. If it needs more I'd pull/add another 1-2% from SD (or less if WBFactor was now 3%)

Just looked at your log....you need to setup your narrowband (NBO2) setting in link to get your idle and cruise tuned properly. Also, why are you using the global timing table? Ideally it should be zeroed out and you should use the timing DA table instead.

Last edited:
At WOT deadtime contributes nearly nothing to the total injector pulse width. At WOT the pulsewidth is very large so a few microseconds add almost nothing to what the total pulsewidth actual is.

Deadtime is most important at idle and at cruise.

You can't just pull/add 6% if its off 6% WBFactor. It's an iterative process. If I was at 6% WBFactor I would pull/add 1-2% and then go for a pull and see what that does. If it needs more I'd pull/add another 1-2% from SD (or less if WBFactor was now 3%)

Just looked at your log....you need to setup your narrowband (NBO2) setting in link to get your idle and cruise tuned properly. Also, why are you using the global timing table? Ideally it should be zeroed out and you should use the timing DA table instead.
This is an older map, i dont use the global tables any longer. My only question i have is what do you mean narrowband setting? I am using a oem o2 sensor in the factory location. What do i need to setup

Just check the little box in the picture I attached. Also make sure the fuel and timing tables are all zero as well. See pics.

Once that is done, do another log of idle and post it here. We can then review it and take it from there.

NBO2 not being setup is your main main issue here. Fix that and post a log.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back