The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 1999 RS ECU question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchopito

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2015
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Hi all,

Probationary member here. I am looking for some information on a ecu's.

I recently had my CEL come on and the code read P0443, which is for the Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit. I tested my purge solenoid and it clicked on and off when voltage was applied, so I know that the solenoid works. I was able to trace the right wire to the ECU and found out that no voltage (12v) was coming from the ECU. I believe that I figured this problem out so I am not just throwing parts at the car.

So, I have a few questions about compatibility between ecu's from different years. Thanks to this forum I found the pinout diagram for a 1998 ecu and that looked like it should work fine in my 99 RS. After searching this forum it seems like 95 and 96 ecu's wont work. I'm asking because I found an ebay sale listing from All Computer Resources, INC and the description says their ecu is for years 1996-1999 so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of finding the right ecu.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back