The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

RallyEclipse98

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Well this is basically as clean as they come nowadays! Where did you find it? Facebook Marketplace? Love the black leather, factory mud guards, super well preserved red paint. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

idkiliketurbos

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
Well this is basically as clean as they come nowadays! Where did you find it? Facebook Marketplace? Love the black leather, factory mud guards, super well preserved red paint. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
I actually purchased the car on Bring a Trailer! It wasn't cheap, but was well worth it in my opinion! It's extremely difficult to find these cars in this sort of condition anymore and I'm very happy to own an example like this.

RallyEclipse98

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I actually purchased the car on Bring a Trailer! It wasn't cheap, but was well worth it in my opinion! It's extremely difficult to find these cars in this sort of condition anymore and I'm very happy to own an example like this.
Oh, I thought it was maybe that one! Congrats! I think yours then the burgundy 2gb GSX that sold on Cars & Bids last year are the two highest-price (best) DSM examples I've seen. Such a good value still though IMO. I've seen a few other 2g's of the same caliber on FB Marketplace and Cars.com in recent history but no idea what they ultimately brought.

idkiliketurbos

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
The last few weekends I've been working on fixing the oil leak the car has had since I purchased it. With the help of some UV oil dye, I was able to identify that the exhaust cam oil seal was leaking quite a bit. I figured this would be the time to install all of the OEM timing components I purchased for the car.

unnamed (1).jpg

The previous owner had a continental timing/balance shaft belt installed with what looks to be Gates pulleys. Everything was in great shape upon removal, but I wanted to install OEM components to know exactly when it was last done.

I also took the time to replace the spark plugs as I didn't know the current condition of those. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the previous owner had installed a set of E3 spark plugs. I tossed those in the trash and put in a new set of NGK BPR6ES plugs.

unnamed (2).jpg

I'm hoping to get everything else buttoned back up this weekend as the weather is finally starting to warm back up in Wisconsin! More updates to come!

idkiliketurbos

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
For anybody familiar with Thatdudeinblue’s YouTube channel, David did a review video of my car while he was up in my neck of the woods for the day. This was a super cool experience as I’ve been watching his channel for a long long time.

Stephen97gst

Probationary Member
Aug 2, 2018
Sioux Falls sd, South_Dakota
For anybody familiar with Thatdudeinblue’s YouTube channel, David did a review video of my car while he was up in my neck of the woods for the day. This was a super cool experience as I’ve been watching his channel for a long long time.

I was just about to ask if this was the car LOL great video from David as always

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds