The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS 2.4l engine issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeaterCarGuy

Probationary Member
Oct 28, 2019
Richmond, Virginia
So I've had this car for about a year and I'm having it looked at. Story with it is the previous owner didnt know what was wrong with it because it stopped working correctly. It sat for 2 whole years and a lot of parts needed to be changed out. I've changed the following spark plugs, coil pack, valve cover, oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, Maf sensor as well. Managed to drive it home but it was terrible and risky as hell as I will show you. If anyone can tell me what's going on with this please all advice is accepted. The car ran good with the maf unplugged and ran terrible while plugged so I replaced it with a brand new one but still when it runs cold it's fine when it runs warm its terrible I have a video of both of when it's cold and when its warmed up and runs like crap.

A little different than that. It ran, but rough, for about 2 minutes, after a cold start, and then it would die. It ran after it was warm, only if we unplugged the maf, as you described.

Although there could be other things causing your badly running engine, you should bypass the secondary fuel relay just to rule that out as a problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back