The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1999 Eclipse RS shakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando121

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2022
Anaheim, California
When I get off the gas the car shakes.
When I get off the brake the car shakes.
I feel the shaking under the driver seat or near the top left tire. The rim is bent very slightly could that be the issue ?

Also it’s manual

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rotate the tires and see if the “shaking” moves to the rear. A bent rim could be an issue I think. Jack up each front corner and check the ball joints and tie rod ends along with the bushings and wheel bearings for play and or loose bolts. My wife’s rsx had a similar issue and it was contributed to the motor mounts and the driver side cv axle.
-Daniel

I would rotate the tires and see if the “shaking” moves to the rear. A bent rim could be an issue I think. Jack up each front corner and check the ball joints and tie rod ends along with the bushings and wheel bearings for play and or loose bolts. My wife’s rsx had a similar issue and it was contributed to the motor mounts and the driver side cv axle.
-Daniel
Thank you so much 👌I’ll check everything you mentioned

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back