The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1999 Eclipse RS 134k Miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maksp

Probationary Member
Jun 17, 2012
Kent, Washington
Hello i am taking a look at it tomorrow. They want 3.5k for it. I want to drop it to 3k. Is 3k too much for a 99 eclipse with 134k miles?

3k is about right, however if it is extremely clean 3.5k may be reasonable.

Just remember if you want a fast DSM a turbo AWD 1g will cost around 2500-3500 (ONLY if the 1g is super clean should you pay 3500).

Offer em $2500 cash.. haggle like rick harrison from pawn stars. Tell em it takes a specialized buyer and that its rare but not that rare. Then ask to call in an expert whos an expert on experts who knows a guy who knows dsm. Soon enough you'll be riding in your $50 DSM!!!

Thank you so much replying guys.
I want to give them about 2.7-3k at most and 3k is pushing in my opinion.
So would 3k for 1999 eclipse RS with 134k miles be worth it?
Or is that too high? I just want it as a daily driver and want it to be as reliable as possible.

I'm no DSM expert but been in the car business quite awhile. I see RS models all around for $2500 with less miles than that. I wouldn't settle for something your not sure about or you will be kicking yourself later. Shop around. I bought an RS with 180k for 500 bucks last week. Runs and drives too! I paid $2900 for my spyder with 76000 miles. Sometimes you just got to keep looking day after day. My best advice is to download a craigslist app that notifies you when your specific search criteria has been found. I search a 2 hour radius from my house and find about 5 new 2g's a day posted. I live in the middle of nowhere too. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your replies guys you all have been very helpful.

I went with a buddy of my dads that knows about cars to check it out.

The body was off balance and it didnt look right in some parts.

There was some very light leaks on the bottom.

The car had dents under the door so it was pretty beat up.

I offered 2.5k and they dropped to to 3k.

I did a test run and it was driving good.

However, in the middle of negotiation I noticed that dent under the drivers door and said I was just not interested.

Honestly with that mileage and the off balance body it wasnt worth more than 1.5k to 2k max so I just thanked them and left without buying it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back