The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1999 Eclipse Evo Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you have to take it to the state ref to get CARB approved on the swap? And was it easy since it's a motor from a newer model?

The car would not pass the state referee. California is really strict with any type of modification, so it runs the risk of getting state reffed every time i drive it.

Best bet is to wait until Dsms are smog exempt once they pass their 25 year mark.

The car would not pass the state referee. California is really strict with any type of modification, so it runs the risk of getting state reffed every time i drive it.

Best bet is to wait until Dsms are smog exempt once they pass their 25 year mark.
Oh believe me, I know all about that.

BTW, there's no rolling 25 year mark exemption in CA. Only cars produced before 1976 are exempt:

https://www.smogtips.com/need_inspection.cfm#:~:text=As of April 1, 2005,the 30-year rolling exemption.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/smog-inspections/

Unless the law changes, DSMs will never be exempt in CA (except for a few very rural counties).

I finally caught up on this thread this week, and look what happened to pop up on my phone the very same day.
no8ORHR.jpg

I believe that some changes were made, but, based on his YouTube channel I believe that is the priority now is another Mitsubishi platform. :dsm:
Yeah, he added a 98 3000GT VR4 to the stable.

I am also surprise there is no conversation kits for this swap available.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back