The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1999 Eclipse Evo Swap

99 OZ Edition

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2012
Chino Hills, California

99 OZ Edition

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2012
Chino Hills, California
Did you have to take it to the state ref to get CARB approved on the swap? And was it easy since it's a motor from a newer model?

The car would not pass the state referee. California is really strict with any type of modification, so it runs the risk of getting state reffed every time i drive it.

Best bet is to wait until Dsms are smog exempt once they pass their 25 year mark.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
The car would not pass the state referee. California is really strict with any type of modification, so it runs the risk of getting state reffed every time i drive it.

Best bet is to wait until Dsms are smog exempt once they pass their 25 year mark.
Oh believe me, I know all about that.

BTW, there's no rolling 25 year mark exemption in CA. Only cars produced before 1976 are exempt:

https://www.smogtips.com/need_inspection.cfm#:~:text=As of April 1, 2005,the 30-year rolling exemption.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/smog-inspections/

Unless the law changes, DSMs will never be exempt in CA (except for a few very rural counties).

mysticj

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2007
charlotte, North_Carolina
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds