The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1998 vs 2000 UNSPECIFIED NISSAN/ GTR Skyline

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelv

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2006
Columbus, Georgia
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=COUPE&style_flag=2&doors=&fuel=&cardist=2135

Someone tell me this is too good to be true. I want one bad. I'm thinking this is the one. Thoughts and suggestions? I do not know a whole heck of a lot about Nissan, except I want a new project. ;) I have done some research, and I understand about parts being difficult, and US Customs or US titles, ect...that kinda stuff

Anyone with some experience, I would be most thankful for some of your much needed wisdow. :thumb:

I'm going to give him a call in the morning to see what more information I can get. I've sent an email. It's just something doesn't seem right. I always thought these cars are way too expensive. No VIN ect....would not being able to get a US title make someone sell like this ect....

I mean I saw this one in Delaware:
http://autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/det.../photo.html;_ylt=AuN3XECc7PT.kuKwJygCnWptUMUF

Now, why is this one so much more??? If you look at the photos, they both have AWD. Both are twin turbo. Both have the RB26DETT. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? This price difference is not right. It's only 1998 vs 2000. WTF
I guess I will do some more research tonight on the different models. GTR as opposed to GTS, or R33, R34...ect

Thanks for all the help!:thumb:
Mike

As long as it does not have the tall tale signs of a scam and i can see it in person and does not want money transfered before i get the car i would get it if i had the money and as far as the title and vin here in wv if you remove all the vins and go to the dmv to get a new set of vin and list the car as a kit car you can then drive it etc.

Something has to be up. That would be awesome if you could pick it up for that much, but with a price like that, something has got to be wrong. What is an "Unspecified" Nissan Skyline anyways.

yeah right...a r34 skyline is not gonna sell for 13500 unless it has a blown motor and/ or is stolen

Well, I wouldn't think someone would be dumb enough to put a stolen car up for sale on www.autotrader.com? But, you never know.
I would never make such a large purchase over the internet either way. I use it more as a tool to find potential buys, ect...then set up a time to meet or what have you.
Did you guys look at the links I posted on them? It didn't seem to have any suspectable damage, ect...the only issue I have really is flying all the way to Arizona for nothing but a wasted airline ticket. I mean once I got there I would have the car taken to an ASE Cert Mechcanic ect....
Either way, I will call him tomorrow, and let you all know what the deal is. If this guy is legit, then there has to be a reason. Wether his wife is making him, or he owe's some mob guy money. Lmao!
If so, I guess I'm in for a steal. :sneaky: But trust me, I won't be taken.

What are the big things to look for when making such a purchase. What kind of Skyline am I looking for? I was under the impression I want the GTR, or AWD TT.....
Thanks for the input all! :thumb:

Oh and "Unspecified" is the way they catergorize the Skyline on the major trader websites. ie; AutoTrader.com

Well the one for 13,500 is highly likely to be a scam but the one for 70k seems like its legit.

Well, I called and left a message, it's still working hours on the West Coast so I didn't think of that. I also emailed again, letting him know I will buy this damn car tomorrow if it's what he says it is.
Well I also know he updated the Ad because now it actually has a description. So that means that, that is his price I assume, if he did go on there and edit it. This is the Ad quote if your to lazy to look at the link. LOL

"1998 NISSAN UNSPECIFIED NISSAN, 38K mi, This car runs like a dream. Is in immaculate condition and very,very,very fast car.Clean title,perfect condition.Email me for more info., $13,100."

Before it just said 1998 Nissan, 38K mi, $13,100.....

hmmmm.....WTF

Well the one for 13,500 is highly likely to be a scam but the one for 70k seems like its legit.

I have to agree. It makes no sense. If it were a scam though, wouldn't you make your asking price what the car was worth? I mean, if I scammed someone by saying, (and I'm not saying I would in any way whatsoever), let's say......I put a Lamborgini f/s and asked like $12K. Who the hell in their right mind would do it. You know what I mean? It just doesn't make sense if he was a scam, he would ask that high price....if I'm making sense here.

Now, is there some sort or kit car, or replica made that this could be? I know that sounds like a really dumb question, but I have to ask....WTF
I was thinking yeah, a blown turbo/engine, ect....but he updated to say mint cond???

Guess I'll just have to wait to hear from him and see.

its a scam, no matter what 13,500 is not a legit price for something like that, even with no motor. dont even look at it again, cause its too bad ass to get your hopes up

The second one looks like a scam too.
I know the number posted in the pictures is from Florida, Orlando to be precise... But the Item is located in "ROCKLAND, DE" WTF

So, I did a search for the number and it came up for a shop named "Florida diamond depot"
They have an online E-bay shop and it say they are located in Orlando, Florida

First one's a scam dude, you can tell the pictures were taken in Asia....just look at the parking lot picture. Typical scam that's out right now.:beatentodeath:

The second one looks like a scam too.
I know the number posted in the pictures is from Florida, Orlando to be precise... But the Item is located in "ROCKLAND, DE" WTF

So, I did a search for the number and it came up for a shop named "Florida diamond depot"
They have an online E-bay shop and it say they are located in Orlando, Florida

well the first one has to be fake, if that crap was real, he would have taken pixs of the car while it was in the US, all those fake pixs are from the car in Japan.:beatentodeath:

Lol look at the first link. All 3 pics on the top row are all different cars. Either that or the car has had 3 different bumper configurations. Not to mention the 2nd pic looks photoshop'd. Its a total scam and I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Yea, the cars are different. Bumper are different and if I am not mistaken the rims look like it change color from gunmetal to bronze. (Not really sure since I am half asleep)

Lol look at the first link. All 3 pics on the top row are all different cars. Either that or the car has had 3 different bumper configurations. Not to mention the 2nd pic looks photoshop'd. Its a total scam and I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Okay that's just hilarious LOL yep definately a scam.

Thanks guys!!
Sounds like it to me! LOL
Do you mean people actually fall for this crap and send money over the internet??? That's just crazy, and if you send that kind of money via internet for anything, your just asking for it!
I was hoping to get a call back, and meet the guy or something? Still haven' heard anything, so we'll see. I'm still hunting!

Thanks,
Mike

First one is definitely a scam.. I saw the same pics on cardomain, some guy in the military whos currently in Asia owns it I think. The second one is most likely a scam too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back