The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Street Build 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse (RWD LS Swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The exhaust is still being fabricated. The exhaust is getting ran all the way out the back to the rear bumper. No side exits.

I think his point was if you did a muffler and side exit it would flow much better than that flat section you had to do to get under the dropped suffrage.

Good to see all the progress and it finally sitting on the ground. A lot of work you guys are putting in. Props to you guys for the follow through.

Constructive criticism wise though with the subframe drop/ body lift I don't think it will ever sit low enough again to look factory. But its not going to be as bad as I first thought when I saw those spacers.

[03-31-2021]

Made part of the transmission tunnel where the shifter is going to sit. Also received my tail lights and side marker lights.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I think his point was if you did a muffler and side exit it would flow much better than that flat section you had to do to get under the dropped suffrage.

Good to see all the progress and it finally sitting on the ground. A lot of work you guys are putting in. Props to you guys for the follow through.

Constructive criticism wise though with the subframe drop/ body lift I don't think it will ever sit low enough again to look factory. But its not going to be as bad as I first thought when I saw those spacers.

Hey Mike! Yeah for sure, I am always up for constructive criticism. I could have done a side exit but I thought that'd be to easy. I think having the exhaust ran out the back still gives the car some stock character. I know I will have some wild things on the car but, I do want that factory appearance as much as possible. Also the sub frame spacers, meh. It's to early to tell but I think it will sit pretty darn close to factory ride height. I would prefer it to sit that way anyways and letting the suspension have enough travel.

Good call on the Euro style lights. I think those are the 2nd best option for 2g's, behind the full LED customs that few have made.

Oh, you mean mine?
zH66mNXl.jpg

Jake and I were just laughing about this exact topic last weekend. Some LED implementations were higher budget than others...

[04-04-2021]

We would like to proudly present our custom fabricated hood for the Eclipse! I am so excited to share this with you all.

1.jpg

[04-18-2021]

Got the car just about ready for paint, will be uploading another vlog style video to YouTube later.

Attachments

• 174782721_3937745746301851_1232615679585396825_n.jpg
    174782721_3937745746301851_1232615679585396825_n.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 27
The official 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse LS1 color reveal video is LIVE on YouTube! Me and my dad have worked so hard to get to this point. Please LIKE and SHARE but at least watch it! 🥳

In case you did not watch my reveal video, I received my LS1 Eclipse back from paint this week and the paint job and color is absolutely gorgeous. Me and my dad have worked so hard to get to this point and I am still trying to come to the realization that indeed this is my own car. It's crazy to think we just started this project just a little bit after Christmas of last year and we are right around the corner of showing the final reveal video of the car. I am so proud of us and I couldn't be happier with the outcome thus far.

But in case you missed it and indeed wanted to watch the reveal video (which I recommend you should) because photos do not do it justice to see how the color changes depending on the lighting and how you look at it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very odd execution. I hope it's what you want it to be when you're done, but the height of that exhaust vs the height of the car means this thing is destined to be a 4x4 without the awd. I guess it's kind like a small truck at this point. I'm not sure why, with all the fabrication you've done, you didn't just channel the subframe so you could face the exhaust manifold backwards. I know it hurts to take things out and put them back in again over and over, but that's kind of the nature of the beast with this kind of project. Anyway, good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back