The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1998 Mitsubishi eclipse gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great times on the black. You kinda inspired me that since this is gonna be a used transmission and I'm not worried about it, I'm gonna shoot for the moon and try to pull a 10 sec pass on my Green setup in my 1G. Gonna be on full kill and E85.

Jan 8th 2024 - beginning of the dent removing

So there’s been 2 major dents on the passenger side quarter that has bothered me since I got it. I don’t have the right tools and would hate to damage the car so I did something I rarely do, call in the pros!

The dents were pretty deep but manageable. They got them out within a couple hours. Really good job!

Attachments

• IMG_9884.jpeg
    IMG_9884.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9885.jpeg
    IMG_9885.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 34
February 8th 2024

Huge thanks to a fellow DSM hoarder like myself. I was able to obtain some OEM hatch stickers. Really stoked on the Mitsubishi one, sadly he didn’t have the GSX one but had a GS one he threw in which is still really cool

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 30
February 12th 2024

A couple weeks back I sent my transmission gears and centre diff off to TRE to get completely redone and a 4 spider made up using the 2g rear diff cross shaft. On the 12th I made the 960km round trip to Kalamazoo michigan and back to pick them up check out TRE and meet Jon. What a great guy to work with and really helped me out in a timely fashion. The gears looked great and I was super happy

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

February 14th

So Valentine’s Day I couldn’t think of a better thing to do rather than build the transmission with the boys ( sorry @Stella )

Huge shoutout to @twicks69 and Jon for helping out with getting the proper shims set up for the trans and telling me how to properly shim it with the solder etc.

I must say once this thing was all together with the boostin billet bearing housing, the painted case and the zinced bolts it looks great!

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0555.jpeg

72973568434__996887EA-EF90-437F-89B8-91BF73DD47FA.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

February 17th

So it was a cold one today up here in Canadaland and I thought to myself, what a beautiful day to lay on cold concrete and put a transmission in a car!

Thanks to my friend Michael for coming over and helping put this thing in. I guess after putting a transmission in a DSM 1,858,594 times it does get easier LOL

After about 20 minutes of fighting it we got it up in there and I couldn’t be happier.

Next to button the rest of it up

IMG_0595.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

God that looks incredible.

I’ve emailed TRE like three times inquiring about a 4 spider and have never gotten responded to. I guess I’ll call them next.

I never knew about the rear diff cross shaft. Have to let us know how it holds up.

God that looks incredible.

I’ve emailed TRE like three times inquiring about a 4 spider and have never gotten responded to. I guess I’ll call them next.

I never knew about the rear diff cross shaft. Have to let us know how it holds up.
it makes a lot more sense because it doesn’t float in there like the oem cross shaft does. You can see the locker sliders that go in to hold it steady. Yeah I just call Jon and tell him exactly what I want done etc. but go in knowing exactly what you want and be ready to do it because he is busy and sometimes has no filter LOL

i finished buttoning up everything after putting the trans in , i tried to hide the harness a little better and deleted the power steering system ( prius electric steering in the works ). i completed the oil change, filling trans and transfer case with fluid, all thats left to do now is a set of spark plugs and fire it up. more pics to come!

1710362239715.png

Wow this was a great read! Absolutely admire the workmanship and enthusiasm you have invested.. very inspiring!!
Im also in southern Ontario (Brantford) and really hope to see this in person one day,
Amazing work!!

Hey guys

Went under the car to figure out the clunk I was having. Turns out it was the rear diff bushings. Fortunately I picked up a set of volk metal craft solid diff bushings at last years shootout because they were a good deal. Definitely came in handy LOL

Here’s some pics I have so far of the job

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1597.jpeg

IMG_1598.jpeg

IMG_1599.jpeg

Last was able to get the subframe installed with the rear diff. Barely have had time to work on the car sadly. Just need to button the rest up with some fresh fluids and then we’ll be ready to go again

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back