The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, gather round chillin's, story time. I ended up selling this car awhile back, and regretted it ever since. Well, the guy who bought it didn't want it anymore, so I got it back. It's in a sad state...a very sad state, but I'll get it back better than it was before. Here's how it looks now...try not to cry. What you don't see is it's bumperless because it had a rice-tastic front bumper on it that I immediately cut up and threw in the trash. Also, don't let the paint fool you. It's terrible in person. There's spots missing paint that shine red, and it's got deep pits and cuts where it's just sunk into the original paint flaws. But...it's mine again. Anyway, onto the pics.

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

:( My heart hurts. But don't worry, you'll be back better than ever.

As for all you, realistically don't expect updates or building this anytime soon. My 10 month old takes all the priority. But, once stuff lines up, it'll happen fast. Thanks for lookin', as always stay tuned. :)

Well I said don't expect updates, so here's a bonus! I was tearing apart the car to see what all parts were there and found a couple goodies.

Guy I bought the car from originally had no clue what clutch was in it, so good to finally get verification. I assumed it was an ACT 2100 but all my searching was fruitless so I have no idea what it is.

107791346_1403798429807233_5471827181159335703_n.jpg

107928431_689263598305762_1379849391416925271_n.jpg

So that was cool. It's also for sure got the ACT Streetlite flywheel in great shape still. There was some ebay special clutch kit with a SUPER rusty stock flywheel I threw away, but it had a brand new clutch disk with it. So that's nice. Lol.

Also found an OG Greddy Profec Spec B boost controller with harness and solenoid. Also a Greddy turbo timer to match, so that was kinda nice. I'm gonna hold on to that for awhile and may end up using it.

Lastly found a TD06-20G that I immediately put up for sale. Lol. It's in great shape but meh, not for me.
Also had a bunch of power tools in the back so hey. Score.

Did some more digging and found more parts. Fun stuff.

RC 1200cc injectors. They look so clean. Probably will still get them cleaned by Rix Racing. E85 here we come!

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

And this Greddy "full auto" timer.

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

Pretty awesome. Here's pictures of the Profec B. Not pictured is the total RATS NEST wiring harness LOL. The more I see it, the more I think I'm gonna try to use it. Just as a novelty. I have it and it's free so why not.

IMG_2450.jpg

Pretty awesome. Already sold the 20G setup which paid for gas and the uhaul trailer and then some. So that's awesome. Also I found a BNIB Cometic MLS HG, but I honestly don't think I'm gonna use that. There are like two BNIB Cometic HG for sale on facebook so I don't think I'll sell it either unless someone is like hey, lemme get dat boy. Otherwise I'll hold on to it for a rainy day. It's 86mm bore and .066 thick.

Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:
Sad to see how far shes fallen, but glad you got it back! I would love to get my first TSI back from many years ago! You'll have her back to her former glory in no time!

Appreciate the kind words! My heart hurts for sure seeing what's become of it, but she'll have redemption. Not gonna officially name her, but if I did I'd name her Project Redemption.

Also, I am not a youtuber at all, but I've been debating something. When I go to actually start doing work on this car, I may just record the work and upload it to youtube to save time typing. I am NOT a photographer or video guru so I'm hesitant to even bother. Lol. But this car needs so much reassembly. The trans is out, t-case is out(duh), driveshaft is out, wiring is gonna have to be corrected(battery relocation was given up on halfway through AND the fusebox was half-attempted to be relocated to the fenderwell), gonna have to reinstall the rear wiper, antenna, clean the interior because of the gear oil smell, axles gonna have to be reinstalled, as well as the steering rack/ball-joints/etc...it's a lot. I feel like it could make for some decent content, if nothing else it'd be great to record all my hard work. Lol.

Aside from that, it's a medium sized mountain to climb. Especially with all the bolts and brackets in pieces around the car with no organization. Gonna have to depend on searching, intuition, and memory of other DSMs to figure out which bolts go where.

But man once that's out of the way...it's gonna be so fun getting it back up to snuff.

Must be nice to get your old car back again. I regretfully sold my old awd spyder 3 years ago due to some unfortunate issues. I kept in contact with the buyer for about a year and even asked about buying it back. He said sure, but wanted $2k more than what I sold it to him for, and the only new part on it was the canvas top. Had to decline on that bullsh!t.

Must be nice to get your old car back again. I regretfully sold my old awd spyder 3 years ago due to some unfortunate issues. I kept in contact with the buyer for about a year and even asked about buying it back. He said sure, but wanted $2k more than what I sold it to him for, and the only new part on it was the canvas top. Had to decline on that bullsh!t.

It is both nice and not nice at the same time. It's nice to have it back and have a chance to restore it, but seeing old pictures and remember how reliable and awesome this car was, sucks too. But alas, least I have a chance to redeem it. Many people don't get that chance.

Also, I was doing some digging in the car today, and honestly the stock crank doesn't look that bad. It may even get away with just being polished. But my God with 1) the car being a ratty flat black 2) it being a million degrees outside 3) the inside of the car feels like a sauna stuck on "raining in hell" mode so that saps every bit of my motivation to do anything like mount the driveshaft, mount the trans, fix the doorhandle, etc. I miss winter...hope we get a legit fall/autumn this year.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back