The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1998 GSX AUTO IN NEED LOCAL DSM MECHANIC / TUNER

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEIFNDNIGHT

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2011
NY, New_York
Hello,
I have a fully built 1998 GSX i need help with im located in queens NY 11101.
fully built 6bolt motor turbo and fully built 2g transmission with a 3400 stall convertor DSM link V3
force four Shift Box SMART 100.1(not installed)
ISSUES
Idle is surging car stalls car overheats & it's stuck in 3rd gear (limp mode)
very long 4-year project car I haven't been able to enjoy or drive.
Looking for someone to help me work out these issues and make the car more drivable. motor is not broken in yet

Please post a dsmlink log if you can.

Also have you checked the transmission fluid level? If you put the gear selector in 2 or L does it go into those gears? Other issue could be the solenoids on the valve body. Have you checked those connectors make sure nothing is loose.

When you say overheat, what coolant temp are you seeing? Does it overheat when you are driving or only when you are stuck at a red light or driving slowly around city streets? NYC streets are too slow for enough air movement and even my car will hit 205 degrees if I'm stopped too long without the fans running.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back