The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1998 Gs DD project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently got a standard motors black IAC and it doesnt rev up when I pull out of gear while driving. Idles low and a little rough but didnt reset idle with engine fully warm since I was in a rush. Idles a lot better now, also had a p0340 so got a new cam sensor for it as well

Small update on this thing. I still drive it from time to time, I have replaced all coolant hoses and no more coolant leaks.

I also replaced the PSU on the back of the block and no longer leak oil! Still burns a little bit on start up so I suspect either valve seals are worn or the rings are a little worn.

She idles okay, gets a little crazy after cold cycle is done but running strong for now. Still rotting out though LOL... so sad the condition its in, the side skirts are starting to fall off and the tab inserts are breaking from highway driving. Not sure what to do with the car to be honest. Might just strip it down in the future and use what I can for the Talon and sell what I can't, the frame is no good or else I would sell it to someone.

If anyone sees this and is interested just PM me, still has some good parts for 420a so a lot can be salvaged.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back