The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1998 Eclipse GSX For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aren't you the one who bought the built car for like $10,000-12,000? How exactly did you just flip it around for 2-3 times your cost when you were the only one in the country willing to pay for it in the first place? :hmm:

*Edit-
Thought so: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/398697-99-gsx-now-mine-d.html

Actually I think I payed 11,500 then around 1500 to ship it can't remember exact numbers. Put around 7,500 into it and thought I may want to sell it. Put it for sale for 16k and got plenty of offers. Decided not to sell so I upped the price to 24 so people would stop bothering me. Since then I've had 2 very serious buyers. And the guy I bought it from had payed around 18k a year before I bought the car. And it's 10x the car now.

So either A, you don't know how to sell something or B your car is a piece of sh1t. See, unlike 99.9% of the junk cars sold on here mine is actually mint. Doesn't "just need a tune", doesn't "have just a lite rust on the strut towers", doesn't "idle at 1100 rpm", doesn't "need a trailer to make a cross country trip".

While we're at it, 24k for people that aren't living paycheck to paycheck because we're good with our money and/or look at 24k as dam near pocket change don't mind spending it on a quality product. All you little eBay built cars that break down every other day give us the bad name.

Why are all the venders leaving the DSM community? It's because these car can be had for so cheaply anymore that the poor @$$ kids can afford them but they can't even afford to maintain them.

Sincerely,

Tired of the @$$ hats that call themselves car enthusiasts

Actually I think I payed 11,500 then around 1500 to ship it can't remember exact numbers. Put around 7,500 into it and thought I may want to sell it. Put it for sale for 16k and got plenty of offers. Decided not to sell so I upped the price to 24 so people would stop bothering me. Since then I've had 2 very serious buyers. And the guy I bought it from had payed around 18k a year before I bought the car. And it's 10x the car now.

So either A, you don't know how to sell something or B your car is a piece of sh1t. See, unlike 99.9% of the junk cars sold on here mine is actually mint. Doesn't "just need a tune", doesn't "have just a lite rust on the strut towers", doesn't "idle at 1100 rpm", doesn't "need a trailer to make a cross country trip".

While we're at it, 24k for people that aren't living paycheck to paycheck because we're good with our money and/or look at 24k as dam near pocket change don't mind spending it on a quality product. All you little eBay built cars that break down every other day give us the bad name.

Why are all the venders leaving the DSM community? It's because these car can be had for so cheaply anymore that the poor @$$ kids can afford them but they can't even afford to maintain them.

Sincerely,

Tired of the @$$ hats that call themselves car enthusiasts

Someone had piss in their wheaties this morning... Or maybe you just realized that you've spent a small fortune on a money pit of a car and want out of it now? Why list it for sale unless you were having second thoughts?

So because you have 24k to spend on a car and the rest of us don't, we aren't real car enthusiasts? Maybe if you were as good with your money as you purport yourself to be, you'd realize a dsm is a shitty investment. You would've been better off buying facebook stock.

Someone had piss in their wheaties this morning... Or maybe you just realized that you've spent a small fortune on a money pit of a car and want out of it now? Why list it for sale unless you were having second thoughts?

So because you have 24k to spend on a car and the rest of us don't, we aren't real car enthusiasts? Maybe if you were as good with your money as you purport yourself to be, you'd realize a dsm is a shitty investment. You would've been better off buying facebook stock.

If you consider around 20k a small fortune then yes I suppose I have spend a small fortune on the car...

I don't care how much you have to spend on a car, really makes no difference. It's people like you that say they would NEVER EVER waste money on a Viper, ZR1, Lambo etc because you can buy a 1990 eagle talon and for under 10k it would destroy these vehicles... This is the core problem with the "import" community. They have no appreciation for a vehicles actual purpose. All you see is $$$ and since you don't have it, they are junk... I can promise you that if you did have the money to buy these vehicles you would suddenly get an appreciation for them.

Thanks for the advice on investments but I'll take that with a grain of salt considering the source. First, a car is almost NEVER an investment, it's a hobby. When I purchased mine I paid more than I could have for that year. But I chose to because of the mileage, shortblock, transmission and brakes already on the car. It make a great base to build from and I saved thousands doing so.

If you read my earlier posts here I was actually backing your price and advising you to hold steady. Never ever come to dsmtuners and ask what your car is worth because these guys are going to tell you thousands less than it's worth and that you can get. You have a nice car, don't give the thing away.

If you consider around 20k a small fortune then yes I suppose I have spend a small fortune on the car...

I don't care how much you have to spend on a car, really makes no difference. It's people like you that say they would NEVER EVER waste money on a Viper, ZR1, Lambo etc because you can buy a 1990 eagle talon and for under 10k it would destroy these vehicles... This is the core problem with the "import" community. They have no appreciation for a vehicles actual purpose. All you see is $$$ and since you don't have it, they are junk... I can promise you that if you did have the money to buy these vehicles you would suddenly get an appreciation for them.

Thanks for the advice on investments but I'll take that with a grain of salt considering the source. First, a car is almost NEVER an investment, it's a hobby. When I purchased mine I paid more than I could have for that year. But I chose to because of the mileage, shortblock, transmission and brakes already on the car. It make a great base to build from and I saved thousands doing so.

If you read my earlier posts here I was actually backing your price and advising you to hold steady. Never ever come to dsmtuners and ask what your car is worth because these guys are going to tell you thousands less than it's worth and that you can get. You have a nice car, don't give the thing away.

I've never stated that I wouldn't buy a fancier, nicer car. I am simply living within my means until my career advances enough to be able to afford a nicer car in general. I built the GSX while putting myself through college and working part time at a bullshit job. A dsm is basically the only option a car enthusiast has if they want a car for 5k that you can build into a monster for another 5k.

It would be nice to be 30 years old, have an established job with an 80k+ salary and nothing but spending cash for the car. But realistically, if money wasn't an issue, I would rather buy a more stable platform to build on in the first place than a dsm. I can fully appreciate that newer cars will out perform dsms and I fully intend on upgrading my cars for the rest of my life. Not that I'm trying to measure dick sizes here or anything, but I daily drive a 350z. And I have a built v8 swapped 240z that me and my pops put together. The 350z stock puts just as many, if not more, smiles on my face than the built GSX.

This GSX is an extra car to me. A toy. A labor intensive, money sucking, third vehicle. And I loved it while I was still building it. Don't regret it for one minute. I learned a ton of things with it over the years, but at the end of the day it was just an experience. It's now time to move on. I fully intend on buying a GT-R or an R8 sometime when my bank account reflects that ability. But until then, I will work with what I have. Sell the GSX and use that money to move forward with bigger and better things. I will just learn to appreciate every breed of car along the way to get to that point.

I am going to stick to my guns because I know this car will make someone very happy, just like it did for me. It wasn't ebay built and it already has the heavy lifting taken car of. All that's left is for someone to enjoy it and maintain it. You won't find a better car for under 10k and I know it's worth every penny. Just going to continue to be patient and wait for the right buyer.

Yes, you're right, I just come on here to look cool.

We know :applause: Like in the other thread where you claim two weeks pay is 11k for you ROFL So you make almost 300k a year and you drive a DSM WTF whatever dude, no one is believing your fairy tales

We know :applause: Like in the other thread where you claim two weeks pay is 11k for you ROFL So you make almost 300k a year and you drive a DSM WTF whatever dude, no one is believing your fairy tales

I care what you think, really, well maybe I don't. I also drove a 3 cylinder rusty metro for years, that must mean I live in a box right...

Im so confuseddd....

Is someone selling a car here?

I care what you think, really, well maybe I don't. I also drove a 3 cylinder rusty metro for years, that must mean I live in a box right...

You're an idiot dude. Go tell your fairy tales somewhere else and let this guy sell his car. You don't make $300k a year, you don't have anyone offering to buy your car for $30, $24, OR even $16K, and you CERTAINLY don't "look cool" at all. You look like what you are......a total @$$hat......

Wow this thread went to shit pretty quick... I think everyone just needs to stfu and let the man try to sell his car. Who cares if you think hes asking too much, then don't buy it or look at his thread.

Good luck with the sale Jacob.

Where do you have it for sale at? I still have people willing to pay 24k for mine. About to ip my price to 30.

Just wanna say you made my night LOL again. Wouldnt happen to be chinese money wouldnt it LOL

Just curious is your dad name mitt romey or barrak obama LOL. Keep on dumping that money into a dsm. Cant believe theres still dumb kids out there. No harm done here. Have a good day

LOL 24,000$, what a joke, i wonder if he actually believes the tales he tells.

Lmao again. This is a good thread to kill time. Alwase got something good to read here.

Wow this thread went to shit pretty quick... I think everyone just needs to stfu and let the man try to sell his car. Who cares if you think hes asking too much, then don't buy it or look at his thread.

Good luck with the sale Jacob.

exactly what I was saying on page 2.....

dude ever since defiant left the bullshit has slowly started to creep in again. Some mod needs to lay the smack down and minimum delete 90% of this thread.

It's fine guys. I've already resigned myself to knowing that it won't sell here on the forums anyways. That was clear after the first two weeks. Now I've got the rest of this month and October to try my luck with the crackheads and hillbillys on craigslist. If it reaches November without selling, the smog will only have 29 valid days left and I might get a bit more pressured. Probably post it on ebay at that point. Rest assured that this forum tomfoolery hasn't dissuaded me from maintaining the value on my car though. Just a learning experience.

Moral of the story: Don't try and sell a modded car. Take it back to stock...

A wise man once said..... "I got these cheeeezzzburgerzzz maaayyaaann!!!"

Take food stamps or gum?

What happened to the red fender i got you? Didnt put it on yet?

Btw, what did happened to defiant? He left around the same time i left dsms. Lol This forum needs a Shit load of cleaning.

A wise man once said..... "I got these cheeeezzzburgerzzz maaayyaaann!!!"

Take food stamps or gum?

Only in Trident Layers.

What happened to the red fender i got you? Didnt put it on yet?

I've got the fender and a sideskirt cap. I've been working two jobs and haven't had time to take care of it. Every time I get home from work I just want to sit down haha. Now all I do is play Borderlands 2 in my free time :thumb:

Attachments

• gum.jpg
    gum.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 177
Good luck bro. It's YOUR car and you can sell it for whatever you want. Heck I saw an RS model for sale on CL bone stock and he said he won't sell it to kids because it's too fast LOL. I sell cars for a living and for something like that, you really just have to wait for the right buyer to come along. There's cars for sale at dealers for ridiculous prices but you know what? there WILL be someone that will end up taking it home. Everyone needs to stop bashing you about the price because it's not going anywhere. I say keep it high, and wait for the best offer as you were doing. No and's and butts. :hellyeah: Goodluck with the sale!

"There is an ass for every seat" I wouldn't sell my Gsx for less than 10k. Too much time and money invested.

The GSX sold this morning. I got near my original asking price. To anyone who thinks that a modified car isn't worth a high asking price, you are dead wrong. To those who supported the asking price, thanks for the confidence boost every now and then. Sometimes it just takes someone completely across the country to buy your car, but good things come to those who wait. The GSX will take up new residence in New York and/or North Carolina now. I will try and keep the car within the community and get this guy involved with dsmtuners.

Parting is such sweet sorrow. :cry:

Is it going to Nigeria and you are getting a Money order for 20K whilst sending back the extra money??

:p

Funny story actually, this guy was willing to give me $15,000 American but in Indian Rupees. So he sent it wrapped in a sheep bladder. Then he had his uncles step cousin come pick up the car with a tow truck and a shipping container. Very nice people.

Last edited:
Funny story actually, this guy was willing to give me $15,000 american but in Indian Rupees. So he sent it wrapped in a sheep bladder. Then he had his uncles step cousin come pick up the car with a tow truck and a shipping container. Very nice people.
Hahaha nice! btw nice sell on the car. Its good to be persistent. Hope ya stay around!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back