The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 1998 Eclipse GST with No engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbromas

Probationary Member
Jul 30, 2021
Miami, Florida
Hello Everybody,

I recently purchased a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, all stock, the body is in great condition, has everything except an Engine and Transmission.
Before you call me dumb, here is a little story. My grandma used to own a GST, she bought it from new and had it for some years, then she traded it in 2010 for a Mini Cooper.
She used to haul me to kindergarden, I learnt to drive in that thing and had some had nice memories in that car. i missed that car sooooo much.
Then a couple weeks back. I FOUND IT. The car was exactly the same as she left it. I was worried it had been modified or crashed or anythinf else. But no, the original stereo was there, the original seats, the same color, even the wheels were OEM, etc. But there was a problem, NO ENGINE and NO TRANSMISSION.

I want to bring it back to life, I was looking for prices for a 4G63 engine and my lord they are expensive. I am new in the tuner stuff. I do have some mechanic knowledge but not in the tuner scene. Now, I ask for your recommendation in this matter. I currently have another project and I have to pay for my college classes, so money is a little bit of an issue. Is there any other similar engine or do I save money for a time and buy the 4G63 and transmission?

Thank you.

You buy the 4g63 and trans. You can use a 1g engine and things can be built from nt blocks etc but sounds like you want something turn key?

You buy the 4g63 and trans. You can use a 1g engine and things can be built from nt blocks etc but sounds like you want something turn key?
Well, if I get the chance for something turn key, it would be great. But I am not worried. I do have some knowledge, and friend of mine has a shop, he said he was going to give me a hand with the project.

Like I said, I am concerned about money, I searched Ebay and for a 4G63 they are asking 2.5k - 3k. That is a lot of money for me. I will keep an eye on the 1G engines. Is there another place where I can search parts for it. I am new with this stuff, so any help would be great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back