The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1998 EagleTalon TSI, 5 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Well with all of the 1g and other projects going on, I let this sweetheart go today. She went to a good home and has a new 2.3L ready to go in to get her back on the road. She sure had nice lines, but you can see that it went to a DSM home (Red 97 Auto GST in the background). I will get to see her occasionally so that makes me smile!!!!
20210321_124057.jpg
20210320_165325.jpg
20210320_165310.jpg

Good luck FINDING one. Only 4000 made then they quit production. 97 looks the same, body wise. My oldest son has a AWD 97 TSI. Gourgous car, looks just like this one but Barcelona Red (dark cherry).

It is hwat it is, at least it went to another good DSM home like you said.

I just didn't have enough time for 5 DSMs. The man it went to also owns a 97 GST in Red. Pretty car and an auto car so the TSI has a stable mate! :thumb:

Hello Brian, nice to see you posting! I know the TSI is in good hands, can't wait to see her running around again!
So the slave had went out, huh? The clutch worked good when parked. Not until I went to move her did I notice the pedal on the floor, sorry about that my friend!
Marty

It is not uncommon for the o rings in the slaves to go bad if they sit for a while. Not a big deal. I am going to dig around I know I bought a 7 bolt fwd lightweight flywheel years ago if I can locate it.

Back up to 5 2Gs and a 1G in the driveway..... My wife says I have a problem. I agreed but I think we were thinking of different problems. I need more engine stands.....and whatever it was she was talking about.

Sending the Eprom to get socketed and having the guys at link to send me a package of goodies back with it. I have used MafT in the past and been satisfied with the results but decided to go with speed density on this build.

I am going to use the ebay looking 16g that is on the car to at least get the stroker broken in and familiarize myself with link tuning. Deciding what to replace it with is going to take me some thought as to what I am actually going for as a goal. I have some time to figure it out.

After I get it on the road and iron out whatever other kinks may show up I will focus on doing the awd swap. Probably going to freshen up the gsx trans before it goes in so it will be a few weeks of fwd turbo fun.

Well after months of being backed up at the shop I blocked off the weekend to bring the Talon in and get the stroker dropped in and start playing with Link . Have to replace the seals on my injectors because my son stole them for his 90 when one started leaking. And get the wideband installed but I have been putting it off until I got the motor in so I know its doing stuff and things.

Brian, I think I have seals in inventory. I will look, just in case you need some, you can get the work done over the weekend, like I would like to get done on my Talon also!!! :thumb:
Marty

It appears that I have some in a few different boxes, just in case you need some and can't wait on a parts store. LMK

I had a set of new seals in a box still as it turns out. Motor is in the car now I am waiting on a local guy to bring me my TB elbow with IAT bung stuck on. Found a ton of stuff that needs replaced before I can really drive the car it needs new inner and out tie rods and half a dozen or so new lug studs. And while my back was turned these cars got old and a lot of the rubber bits need replaced.

It did drive, but only 2 weeks before the rod started to make some noise so I really never got to drive it to town or around to see all the little stuff it needed, sorry Brian....:pray:

I know she will love you!!!

Well I never seem to have time at the shop to mess with her so I hauled her home.

Installed the hks throttle body elbow new gaskets and the 860s. Finished hooking the wiring harness all back up and started removing the stock clutch line. Tonight weather permitting the STM braided line and new slave cylinder will go in.

Hell Ya Brian. Good to know!!!
I JUST got my White 90 GSX running again after a year of dicking with my Blue 92 Auto car. And like a dumbass, I bought another 90 TSI :nono: ROFL
No profile for her yet but I need to start one. Sorry to clog the thread.
Continue on! :)
Marty

20220522_152519.jpg

20220522_152502.jpg

20220522_152436.jpg

20220522_152421.jpg

20220514_182634.jpg

20220514_182614.jpg

20220522_180123.jpg

20220522_180111.jpg

New clutch goodies are installed and ready for bleeding. Slapped a new valve cover gasket on it and replaced my thermostat and old hose clamps.

Hooking up the exhaust and putting the radiator back in are on the list for tomorrow along with replacing the 2 motor mounts I didn’t have on hand when I put the motor in.

20 or 30 minutes here or there isn’t fast progress but at least it’s getting done finally.

Nice 90 I missed out on 91 tsi awd and a galant vr4 in the last month from not dropping everything and taking my ass to Tulsa. I have a desire for another 1GA Awd but I am trying to make myself finish at least one of the projects.

You could have let me know, I like the GVR4 platform but really didn't need another.:)
Just trying to save them!

I owned 2 really nice GVR4. Flew from here to California and drove one back in 2003 it was immaculate. I still miss that car it got stolen when I lived in Houston. Actually both my vr4s were stolen in Houston.

:oops::oops::cry:
Dam......I didn't know that and that totally SUKS!!!!! :notgood:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back