The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Sold 1998 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD - Stock 48Kmi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bases Raiders

Probationary Member
Jan 28, 2018
Kalida, Ohio
Hello,

Up for sale is a 1998 Eagle Tsi AWD with 5-speed manual. This car is single-owner, unmodified, and has never been in an accident. It has only 48,151 miles on the odometer. It has been garaged its whole existence, and was never driven in snow or salt conditions. Only Mobil1 synthetic oil was used in this car. The paint is in great condition.

This car has:

· AC.

· Keyless entry.

· Infinity speakers.

· Dual air bags.

· Rear wiper.

· Fog lamps.

· Halogen headlights.

· Aluminum rims.

· Leather interior- tan.

· Power sunroof.

· Anti-lock brakes.

· Spoiler.

· Driver side power seat.

The original Infinity stereo failed and has been replaced with a Kenwood DDX 719.

This car was driven with great care, and certainly never driven abusively.

Shortly after this car was purchased, the owner asked me to drive it and give my impression. I had a 1992 Talon Tsi FWD at the time, and this car felt incredible to me, with smooth, even power and no torque steer. He felt the car did not feel dead-solid tracking down the road, and I told him he was hallucinating. He brought it back to the dealership to complain, and they eventually paid to have it aligned at a nearby alignment shop. Shortly after the owner told me the car still did not feel right, even though the alignment shop and dealership both said it was fine. He brought it back to the dealership again, and a second alignment was performed. He felt it was still wrong, so Chrysler sent an engineer to the local dealership to tear down the front suspension and investigate. The engineer found a component on both front wheels that had mounting holes that were off by an extremely small amount, and were definitely not to engineering specs. The components were replaced, and the owner said the car tracked perfectly after. I don’t know how many other 1998 Talons were afflicted with this problem, but I do know that this particular car does not have this issue anymore.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I started the car this past weekend and it ran fine. I did not drive it as there was salt on the roads.

I know what this car blue books for, and at that price it will stay in the family.

If anyone is interested in this car, just message me with questions and/or offers. I can take more pictures, video etc, and can arrange for a test drive.

Attachments

• EngineBay.JPG
    EngineBay.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 711
  • EngineBayBottomLeft.JPG
    EngineBayBottomLeft.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 681
  • EngineBayBottomRight.JPG
    EngineBayBottomRight.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 663
  • EngineBayTopLeft.JPG
    EngineBayTopLeft.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 638
  • EngineBayTopRight.JPG
    EngineBayTopRight.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back