The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1998 Eagle Talon TSi 2.3L

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95blackGsTurbo

DSM Wiseman
Aug 10, 2003
Algona, Iowa
I am selling my 1998 Eagle Talon TSi due to the fact that I have another vehicle and I just don't drive it or use it that much and I am sure someone else could enjoy it much more than I am now. I am the second owner of the vehicle I bought it from a Navy officer in San Diego in 2006 and it has been my daily driver ever since. The chassis itself has just over 104,000 miles. The car was repainted Albany Black Pearl almost a year ago. It is black but has a lot of blue sparkle to it at nighttime under the lights. The car was basically completely redone when the motor blew just over 17,000 miles ago. The shortblock was replaced with a 7 bolt out of a 1993 Eclipse and was stroked out to a 2.3L. The head is still off of the original 1998 car but had a complete rebuild done. The car has never been to the track since the rebuild nor has it seen a dyno so I have no numbers or times. At that time anything and everything on the car that needed replaced was. My trip to work right now is less than a mile on way so the car see's very little mileage. It has a 1999 GSX flashable ECU in it that has been flashed by Wingz Performance to clean up the stock flash. The car was compression tested a couple days ago with results of 181-182-181-184. The pan was also removed to fix a leak and the inside of the engine looks as new as the day it was assembled. The tags are good until April of 2012. Here is a list of the mods and parts that were replaced during the rebuild.

Engine:

Shortblock:
Block Bored 0.020" Over and Align Honed
Oil Squirters Removed
Balance Shafts Eliminated
2.4L 7 Bolt Crank w/ ARP Main Studs
Eagle Rods w/ ARP Bolts
0.020" Wiseco 9.0:1 Stroker Pistons
Clevite Main and Rod Bearings
New OEM Mitsu Oil Pump and Gears
All New Freeze Plugs

Head:
All Valve Seats Ground
All Valves Ground
Head Deck Checked
New Valve Guides
New Valve Seals
3g Revised Lifters
Cometic MLS Headgasket
ARP Headstuds

Drivetrain:
Transmission has 68,000 miles on it
Fidanza 3.2 Clutch
Braided Clutch Line
Both Front Axles Replaced

Suspension:
Eibach Pro Kit
KYB Front and Rear Shocks
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit - Car was just aligned
2g GSX Wheels Powdercoated Black
225/45ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza Grid G019 Tires - Still 80% tread left - Just balanced

Misc:
New Mitsu Waterpump
New Mitsu Thermostat
New Hoses
New Radiator - 2,100 miles ago
New Battery - 9 months ago
New Front and Rear o2 Sensors
New Lower Control Arms
New Inner Tie Rod Ends
New Outer Tie Rod Ends
New Mitsu Fuel Filter
New Mitsu Timing Belt 5,000 miles ago w/ tensioner
New A/C Compressor, Condenser, Drier and Rebuilt 1 hose. Flushed Evap. as well - less than 5,000 miles ago.

Mods:
Walbro 255lph Pump
B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge on filter
Stock 450cc injectors that were just cleaned
Punishment Racing Intercooler Piping Kit
RNR 3" Downpipe
Thermal R&D 3" Catback Exhaust
Flashable 1999 GSX ECU - Flashed by Wingz Performance
Prosport Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Temp. gauges
Injen Intake
Greddy Type RS BOV - Recirculated
Magnacore Plugs Wires
Fidanza Short Throw Shifter
HKS Turbo Timer

The vehicle has ice cold A/C and drives great. I have not had any major problems with it since it has been rebuilt. It is a great daily driver but it is really ready to be built up and I just don't have the time or energy to do it anymore. The car is in fantastic shape. There are a few things that I will list so there are no surprises to anyone that comes and see's it.

Cons:
1. The hood has a few dents from a printer falling on it in my garage.
2. The oil pressure sending unit doesn't read right. I have now had Prosport warranty the sending unit 3 times. It is stuck at 100psi. The dummy light still works but the oil pressure never gets that low. The oil pressure is fine. 21psi at idle with a mechanical gauge.
3. The power steering system was completely removed from the car when it was redone. Since it is front wheel drive it is not hard to drive at all. You can see it reflected in the engine picture.
4. The trims above the windows is cracking. Would be easy to snag from a junkyard or just repaint.

Price is 6,000. Any other questions feel free to email me or call or text. 623-606-3369. Thanks. Adam.

Attachments

• IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0364.jpg
    IMAG0364.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 55
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back