The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 T70 TSI AWD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9/19/19, Cleaned mating surfaces for oil pan, valve cover, oil pick up. installed piston rings and measured ring gaps.
Installed pistons with ARP rod bolts and ACL bearings. Lubed cylinder walls again & everything moves great!
Going to try and get the head installed and torqued sometime this week, put oil pickup tube on and oil pan. Then
hopefully get all the timing components in line.

Tonight i got the oil pan baffle and oil pump installed. Oil pan on and mostly torqued, 4 bolts would not torque but did feel like they should. Head is set in place, ARP studs are in the head with nuts/washers on. Hopefully tomorrow ill get the head torqued. Start grinding on the valve cover to prep it for polishing and probably just clean up the engine a bit.
20190926_192033.jpg
20190926_191348.jpg
20190926_191325.jpg

Attachments

• 20190926_191319.jpg
    20190926_191319.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
11/4/19. Been awhile since ive posted an update. Got the engine home a few weeks ago. Sourced a Clutch alignment tool that fit perfectly. Mated engine, transmission & clutch monday night. Tonight i may be getting the car on jack stands and drop the wheels and ball joints and attempt to get it set into place and prep for a night of install in the next few days. I've been way busier than i predicted for this time of year so the process of getting back together has slowed tremendously. But it's boost season so hopefully in a few weeks she'll be prowling the streets!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1235177829.jpg
    Snapchat-1235177829.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 37
11/4/19. Been awhile since ive posted an update. Got the engine home a few weeks ago. Sourced a Clutch alignment tool that fit perfectly. Mated engine, transmission & clutch monday night. Tonight i may be getting the car on jack stands and drop the wheels and ball joints and attempt to get it set into place and prep for a night of install in the next few days. I've been way busier than i predicted for this time of year so the process of getting back together has slowed tremendously. But it's boost season so hopefully in a few weeks she'll be prowling the streets!

Apparantly the pictures are too big to add to the profile itself so im posting them as an update

Attachments

• Talon.....jpg
    Talon.....jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • Talon.jpg
    Talon.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
Put your pictures into PAINT and resize them or email them to yourself and reduce the size to 30%. They'll post then :)

10/14/2020

After blowing the rings right after purchasing the car, engine came out, EVO VIII internals & rings went in, rebuilt.
battled many of complications. Had the vehicle timed on Evo timing marks on the cam gears instead of DSM timing marks, corrected that. Car then fired & idled well! Drove through gears fine on the Harbor Freight Death Stands it was on. Installed a set of Volk GT-C's, firestone firehawk 500s, swapped the lug studs over for the Volk lugnuts, new pads rotors & calipers on all corners as well new rear shoes. Couple new hubs & control arms. Took the car off of jack stands & it died while backing out of my drive way (February 2020). Went from not holding an idle, to not even firing up, just crank and no fire though fuel, spark & air were all present. I checked EVERYTHING over x2. redid the timing again, removed all IC piping & checked for restritctions, checked for the slightest VAC leak, nothing was found. I checked everything that came to mind. (March 2020) I finally Got the FlatBed from work & took it over to my friend (the previous owner) & he looked over it, redid everything I had done other than actually removing the pistons & or head. Found Nothing. Last month I had the idea of maybe I had an injector issue, computer issue etc. So we hooked up a computer to DSMLINK, I grabbed 550cc injectors & a factory ecm from a 1998 GS-T. No Luck, Installed computer for w/link. Set injector size to 550cc, no luck. While watching the parameters to datalog & submit here we found the intake pressure was way out of spec. Ordered new MAP, installed, she runs. Doesn't idle worth a crap but anytime other than idle it runs and drives great. Haven't had the time to run a boost leak test again. During the drive home a brake line came free from its holder and hung itself on the moving axle and leaked. Had a new braided stainless line made, Just came in today. Going to install, bleed brakes. Run a quick boost leak test and go from there. Its been a fun ride with this car so far. Just getting into boost season too. Ill post more updated pictures here soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back