1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build 1997 T70 TSI AWD.

Rating:
5/5,
Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. TSI_too_slow

TSI_too_slow Probationary Member

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. TSI_too_slow

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    9/19/19, Cleaned mating surfaces for oil pan, valve cover, oil pick up. installed piston rings and measured ring gaps.
    Installed pistons with ARP rod bolts and ACL bearings. Lubed cylinder walls again & everything moves great!
    Going to try and get the head installed and torqued sometime this week, put oil pickup tube on and oil pan. Then
    hopefully get all the timing components in line.

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    Get some pictures too!

Road Race Build 2K  23

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

496  5

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

388  4

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
  4. TSI_too_slow

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    Tonight i got the oil pan baffle and oil pump installed. Oil pan on and mostly torqued, 4 bolts would not torque but did feel like they should. Head is set in place, ARP studs are in the head with nuts/washers on. Hopefully tomorrow ill get the head torqued. Start grinding on the valve cover to prep it for polishing and probably just clean up the engine a bit. 20190926_192033.jpg 20190926_191348.jpg 20190926_191325.jpg

Attached Files:

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  5. TSI_too_slow

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    11/4/19. Been awhile since ive posted an update. Got the engine home a few weeks ago. Sourced a Clutch alignment tool that fit perfectly. Mated engine, transmission & clutch monday night. Tonight i may be getting the car on jack stands and drop the wheels and ball joints and attempt to get it set into place and prep for a night of install in the next few days. I've been way busier than i predicted for this time of year so the process of getting back together has slowed tremendously. But it's boost season so hopefully in a few weeks she'll be prowling the streets!

Attached Files:

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. TSI_too_slow

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    11/4/19. Been awhile since ive posted an update. Got the engine home a few weeks ago. Sourced a Clutch alignment tool that fit perfectly. Mated engine, transmission & clutch monday night. Tonight i may be getting the car on jack stands and drop the wheels and ball joints and attempt to get it set into place and prep for a night of install in the next few days. I've been way busier than i predicted for this time of year so the process of getting back together has slowed tremendously. But it's boost season so hopefully in a few weeks she'll be prowling the streets!

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. TSI_too_slow

Joined Mar 1, 2019
    Camden, Indiana
    Apparantly the pictures are too big to add to the profile itself so im posting them as an update

Attached Files:

Street Build 359  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Put your pictures into PAINT and resize them or email them to yourself and reduce the size to 30%. They'll post then :)

Street Build 4K  28

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

683  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

511  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS

Street Build 716  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM