The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 Stock Radio Says OFF

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymouthpr

Probationary Member
Jun 18, 2015
Breckenridge, Minnesota
Hello all! I have the OEM CD/Cassette combo radio in my 1997 eclipse. It worked great until it started glitching out every now and then. Now it says 'OFF' and won't let me input the code. I have tried the method of leaving the ignition on ACC for an hour or so but still doesn't let me do anything. One other interesting symptom is when I push the brake pedal, I get a noise out of all the speakers... Due to a misfire under load issue, we recently sent in the computer to be rebuilt and checked grounds all throughout the car but neither fixed the miss or the radio issue. Please help!!

Can't check fuses by looking at them, need to verify continuity using a multimeter.
I checked continuity with my multimeter and the fuse seems to be okay. The radio is getting power, just not ever unlocking from the ‘OFF’ screen.

Are you getting the [ -, -, -, - ] prompt for the "code" when you push the volume to power up the radio?

Are you getting the [ -, -, -, - ] prompt for the "code" when you push the volume to power up the radio?
No, I am not. It just says “OFF.” None of the buttons do anything. We left the key on ACC mode for over an hour to unlock it so it would let us put the code in but it still won’t let us.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back