The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support VR-Speed Factory

420A 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs drives good but shuts off randomly (HELP)

DsmJessy

Probationary Member
Mar 12, 2021
Bell, California
I have a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS Auto Trans. My car keeps shutting off while idling and while driving. I replaced Fuel Pump, Starter , Pcv Valve , ASD relay , Camshaft sensor , Idle Air Control Valve, New Radiator with new coolant, brand new oil pan and transmission pan with new fluids. I bought a new EGR valve, can this be the problem why? Although Fuel Injectors have not been changed. Can the fuel Injectors cause the car to shut off? My car a month ago threw two codes P0442 - Evap Leak (small leak) , can this be the MAIN reason why the car shuts off even while driving? I would appreciate all the responses because my car has a lot of potential and I hate experiencing my car just die out while warming up and while driving or even at a stop light/sign. Has about 207,000+ miles on it and still running like a champ because I do all the maintenance on time and with the best products.

dustyboner

DSM Wiseman
Mar 13, 2016
abq, New_Mexico
i dont think an evap leak would cause your engine to die.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds