The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1997 gst spyder convertible maf sensor problem ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dementedzero97

Probationary Member
Feb 24, 2011
omaha, Nebraska
about last year sometime near late november and maybe mid december my clutch went out on my car before this happend i never had any problems with it besides the clutch sucking on me when i got it back it has not been running the same ever since i dont really know much about cars but i know a little to get me by when i first drove it it lagged when i reved it in neutral it blew out black smoke when i would drive it would lagg and jerk hard one of my buddies said the maf sensor was disconnected and when we reconnected it ran even worse i have changed the o2 sensor by the alternator and the maf sensor and the spark plugs and got a new filter it used to give me the check engine light with the whole maf sensor after i [ut the new one in it gave it to me again i dont know why when i drive it runs fine from 1st gear when i shift into second it will lagg alittle not as bad as before when i try to get up on it its like it was before when i drive slow and steady its like there is no problem i have no idea why its still happening or what else could be causing this any idea or suggestions would greatly be appreciated

lots of black smoke is a sign of the enging running rich i would check and see if the coolant tem sending unit is plugged in and working right there is two one for the gauge and one for the ecu check one for the ecu (the one for the guage when unplugged will make the aue co to cold wen unplugged)make sure your turbo is working can u feel it spool up if not look in that direction first

right now the only problems that i am concerned with is that it could be a boost leak it doesnt throw out black smoke anymore that was just the first time about a month ago now my only problem is that when i drive it sometimes laggs and jerks when i try to speed up fast when i do it slow it doesnt give me that prob till i hit like 3 or 4th gear but thanks for the info ill look into that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back