The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 Eclipse on Tuner Transformation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5chris

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2003
SoCal, California
I TiVO this damn show every week and last Tuesday I sat down and checked the summary of the show. It said that a 1997 Eclipse is getting a makeover. I was so excited to see that, but it was a Mazda Miata that got modded - total letdown! Not bad though, they went all out with it with a Supercharger, Big Brakes, Full exhaust and Tein Adjustable Coilovers with an EDFC. $13K, and all for free.

Im sure they have an Eclipse in their upcoming episode. I'll just have to wait and see.

I caught that show once, and thought for the most part that it was pretty cool what they did ( the srt-4 ). But I work nights and I'm guessing that when it usually comes on? I haven't been able to see it since then. When does it come on?

It comes on Speed Channel, Tuesdays at 4pm and 8pm Pacific Time.

Yeah I liked the SRT-4 mod since they invited the owner of AGP to give them a hand on fixing the car. The Mini Cooper S was good too, since they added a bigger blower and a Quaiffe LSD.

TiVo must be wrong on the summary but Im sure the DSM episode is coming up.

I have Dish Network and it said the same thing. I was all hyped up and then saw the miata come on :thumbdown Still a good show though.

man that show has no energy... i think it's the most boring thing ever... i'll take horse power tv or trucks on nopivision over it anyday... that's just my lowly opinion though

I like to watch Tuner Transformation to watch the know-nothing good-looking girl at the end stumble while trying to tell the car's owner all of the mods they did. This is just my opinion but the girl(s) they use to tell the car's owner what they did don't seem very knowledgable in the field of tuning cars.
I am also surprised they have not done a DSM episode yet. It seems like they are doing mostly newer cars. I's also like to see something like a 300ZX TT on there or a 3KGT TT on there since I was interested in those cars while in the market.

I saw them do a AE86 Corolla GTS. They put the gtz MR2 engine and a supercharger into it, not to mention custom exhaust, new coilovers and wheels. Let me tell you, I wish I could get that done to my car. "You want to put a nice 4G64 into my car, sure! EVO III 16g ... that might be a bit small with all that extra displacement." I'd piss my pants if they said they were going to make my car better, because I wouldn't have to pay one red cent for it.

c5chris said:
I was so excited to see that, but it was a Mazda Miata that got modded - total letdown! Not bad though, they went all out with it with a Supercharger, Big Brakes, Full exhaust and Tein Adjustable Coilovers with an EDFC. $13K, and all for free.

Not to mention the full exhaust system was a stainless steel exhaust from Nick & Andre at Pina Motorsports (www.pinamotorsports.com) and NOT magnaflow, etc. A local Miata guru was consulted for the suspension and exhaust system and he called upon a mostly DSM shop :D .

-Brady

I like the 240 that they did up as well. They spent some good coin on that to, engine swap, jdm body kit, coil overs, intercooler...

Aikouka said:
I saw them do a AE86 Corolla GTS. They put the gtz MR2 engine and a supercharger into it, not to mention custom exhaust, new coilovers and wheels. Let me tell you, I wish I could get that done to my car.

I didn't quite get that one. At the begining they said they had a certain budget and then at the end they reported that they had spent some huge amount more than that, but never really explained how that happened. I assumed the featured vendors probably just donated more parts and they added the value of those to the total even though it wasn't technically "money spent." Of course that's only one of about two episodes I've actually caught so maybe that happens on every show for all I know.

c5chris said:
It comes on Speed Channel, Tuesdays at 4pm and 8pm Pacific Time.

Yeah I liked the SRT-4 mod since they invited the owner of AGP to give them a hand on fixing the car. The Mini Cooper S was good too, since they added a bigger blower and a Quaiffe LSD.

TiVo must be wrong on the summary but Im sure the DSM episode is coming up.
Thanks. And far as the, "They'd do something ghey to a dsm" comments, I don't think it'd be bad. They take into acct. what the owners want and pretty much stick with it. Hell, the guy with the srt4 said he wanted a sleeper, and not riced out. So they pretty much stuck to that and dropped in an AGP t3/t4 kit and a bunch of other stuff and dyno'd it just under 400whp. I really wouldn't mind that.

kevingst said:
Thanks. And far as the, "They'd do something ghey to a dsm" comments, I don't think it'd be bad. They take into acct. what the owners want and pretty much stick with it. Hell, the guy with the srt4 said he wanted a sleeper, and not riced out. So they pretty much stuck to that and dropped in an AGP t3/t4 kit and a bunch of other stuff and dyno'd it just under 400whp. I really wouldn't mind that.

Is that the one they put the wing on and he said "thats not too bad"

I donno If i told them no rice and they put a wing on the car i would be like "thanks for the e-bay items"...time to go fill those extra holes in the trunk.

errrr hatch.

crankbender said:
Is that the one they put the wing on and he said "thats not too bad"

I donno If i told them no rice and they put a wing on the car i would be like "thanks for the e-bay items"...time to go fill those extra holes in the trunk.

errrr hatch.

No, actually they took the STi wing out and replaced the stock intercooler with the AGP FMIC. The STi episode was one of the better ones they had done coz the really made a sleeper out of the flashy Subie.

Half of the wheels on that show come from the company i work at, Fast wheels.
we just sent out 3 sets last month now that i think about it, not bad when you get FREE 18's :rolleyes:

They are nice people though, i'm in the process of getting a couple of deals from them from being one of their sponsers, so i cant complain if it aint the best tuner show on there :D

I lost all respect for Horsepower T.V. this last week when they brought in a Honda CRX and put a body kit and rims and suspension on it, as well as CAI, TB, Exhaust and Header, Ignition, but still. Its Horsepower T.V. I wanna see a muscle car on there not a mid 90's CRX.

I've seen this show a few times and the drama that goes on in there is so ghey. The show is so ricey. I prefer Orange COunty CHopper's SOn and Dad going at it just to build a bike, or Monster Garage.

Way too many commercials.....

And now so and so bolts a supercharger from so and so up to the miata...

Fade to Tuner tranformation title

Commercial

The stock suspension was removed to make way for this performance set from so and so...

Fade to Tuner tranformation title

Commercial

Now....

It never picks up steam, just crawls during the entire length of the show. :thumbdown

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back