The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1997 Eclipse GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbergkamp

Probationary Member
Jul 29, 2012
Clay Center, Kansas
I have a 1997 Eclipse GST that I purchased for $350. The 4G63T that it came with threw a rod through the block. It did however come with some pretty decent aftermarket parts for what I gave for it.
- Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust
- EVO 7 Turbo
- Stage 2 ACT Clutch
- High Performance Radiator

This is my first build ever. I've never done anything with any kind of vehicle. So it's going to be a learning process! I'm going to start out by pulling the motor and seeing whats salvageable. I found a block with crank and rods for $100, just need to get the crank machined and buy pistons, rings, etc. I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Sounds like a hell of a deal man. Being your first time working on a vehicle, take your time to do things the right way. Pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual (I prefer Chilton), or if you can get a hold of the factory service manual, that is the best. Definitely search on the newbie forum if you have questions, a whole lot of good information is over there. Just about anything you will ever need to know about a DSM is on this site. Good luck with your build!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back