The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Bolt-on ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdemon

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2007
Cotton Valley, Louisiana
Ok so I've been digging around for awhile on various DSM sites and couldn't really find what I was looking for so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw up a thread in this section.

Ok so currently I have an all stock 1997 Talon TSi and I'm wanting to do all the basic performance bolt-ons then focus on suspension, brakes, and rims. Then later on come back and go with a 16G setup since I have a big 16G that came with the car.

Here is what I'm looking at so far...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

SPECIAL! - NEW Black NGR Type-S BOV

STOCK SIDEMOUNT INTERCOOLER PIPE KIT: 1995-99 ECLIPSE/TALON - Punishment Racing

Hallman Pro Boost Controller - Punishment Racing

Now I was wondering which eBay exhaust I should get? Don't get me wrong I'd love a Thermal but I can't see dropping that much money on a catback right now when a $200 3" catback on eBay will do the same thing for me right now. Could some of you guys rocking an eBay exhaust post up pics of it on your car? I'd most likely be painting it black anyways but I'd like for it to have the "angle" to it and look nice. Also I'd like some confirmed accounts of which aftermarket downpipe bolted up correctly to the eBay exhaust. I've read here and there of flanges being at the wrong angle and having to have cut and rewelded on.

I've read that the T25 with spike boost and boost creep with a 3in" exhaust. What should I do to prevent that? I plan on running an external wastegate when I get around to using my 16G but that'd just be overkill on a T25.

Would 15lbs of boost be doable on stock fuel system? It's my daily driver so I need it to run right and be dependable.

Thanks guys....

as others have said never buy performance car parts on ebay its a awful idea.

If it comes from Ebay, its usually a bad idea.... Dsm or not

Wrong to both of you..

You have a grand, I have a grand,Were buying the same stuff,Guess who dosnt spend the whole grand, and who goes over me..Why..I bought ebay exhaust and a few other things.

So if this is going to turn into the F ebay thread,I sincerely suggest you rething your life..Especially if you say F ebay and have never bought stuff from there.See yourelf out of this conversation please.

Well the only eBay parts I would ever venture to buy would be exhausts that I had see others use and have good reviews on.

Such as an SRS catback or this one from this guy apparently is pretty decent quality.
N1 CATBACK EXHAUST 95-99 ECLIPSE TURBO 3" GST 96 97 98 | eBay

If I were to get that particular exhaust I linked above I'd rock it for awhile then pull it off, sand it down, and paint it with high temp black paint. But then again the SRS has good reviews to no rust out even up north so I would really rather spend the $50 more and get it. I wouldn't go so far as to chance it on a random eBay downpipe when I can spend a little more and get a Megan Racing one. Honestly I don't see the a Megan Racing downpipe and SRS catback to be a bad choice fora budget exhaust setup. With that being said unless I get in a pinch for money I may just hold out for the Thermal catback and match it to a Megan downpipe. When I do go all out on a full exhaust I will be also having a bung weld for the WB sensor. In the mean time I may ditch the cat and put a testpipe in its place so I'll have a slightly more sporty tone to my car for awhile.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back