The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1996 RS Automatic transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John96dsm

Probationary Member
Oct 29, 2019
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
Hello I have a 1996 Mitsubishi eclipse RS automatic dohc 225000 miles when I bought the car it would not shift out of second gear I thought maybe it was the transmission.... a few months ago the transmission was taken out there's no problems with it new parts were installed it's basically a brand new rebuilt transmission with around 70 miles on it .
there are several wires coming out of the harness that go to where the transmission is and I have no idea where they go.
I have a wiring diagram but I really can't figure out where they go.

the speedometer does not work.
the pictures shown are the four wires that I can't figure out where they go as well as the wiring diagram for the transmission.
I cannot find the parts listed on the transmission diagram.
I'm trying to sell this car but no one wants to buy a car in this condition.
I've been trying to sell it for almost two years so I have to fix it..... if anyone can offer a suggestion I would appreciate it.
I primed and painted this car last year and detailed the interior , it runs great it just does not shift out of 2nd gear

Attachments

• 20191030_164121.jpg
    20191030_164121.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 20191030_160924.jpg
    20191030_160924.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back