The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1996 GST - AutoX / DD - Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GofaST4life

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Medina 44256, Ohio
After partaking in 2 AutoX season im excited to start this season with this old girl.

2012-09-02_17-21-35_146-2.jpg

Now she does need some TLC and maintenance, but overall, the car runs very well and has a completely clean body.

Anyway, here is my new baby the day I brought her home.
2012-09-02_17-21-35_146-2.jpg

2012-09-05_07-21-53_27.jpg

2012-09-05_07-23-03_751.jpg

Let the fun begin.

AutoX Plans:

For the first time in while, i'm actually going to keep the full interior in the car. But, that may change, so we'll see.

Because of the mods done to the car already, I will be competing in the SM Class. Sucks, I know, as ill get stomped by Evo's and STi's all day, but what can you do.

- Carbon Fiber hood has been sold
+ Sourced White OEM Hood Locally
- Current wheels have Snow Tires (front), all seasons (rear) - These will be saved/used for Fall/Winter
+ Will have a dedicated AutoX/Summer/Spring Wheel Set in the near future.

More info to come!

Last edited:
Thanks!

So far, i'm compiling a list of things to address with the car before the winter and next season. This will be updated as time goes on.

High Priority:
- Alignment DONE
- Intermittent "no-start" issue
- Battery Tie Down or Relocation
- Timing Belt Cover
- Install new spark plugs

Medium Priority:
- Speedometer Sensor (install new VSS) DONE
- Undercoat body/wheel wells DONE
- Catch Can Install DONE

Should be a fun fall. haha

Last edited:
Can't wait to compete with ya man. From what I herd the guys in the evos, stis and srt 4s that run have there heads stuck up there asses. Hopefully we can get them some fresh air next season!#

Last edited:
It is going to be a blast!

UPDATE:

Compression Test Results: :D
180 - 182 - 178 - 180

Picked up a pair of second hand slicks - 225-45-17's. :hellyeah:
These will be used to AX duty only.

Last edited:
looks clean

i see u converted the bumpers i love the hood. are u going to get a high rise wing?

That first picture is how the car was purchased.

The hood has been sold, I have a stock hood in place now.

2012-10-09_19-06-50_539_zpsce27fb2e.jpg

I have been contemplating the 2gb high rise, but have not yet made a choice. The money can easily be spent elsewhere so right now, that's on the back burner.

Can't wait to compete with ya man. From what I herd the guys in the evos, stis and srt 4s that run have there heads stuck up there asses. Hopefully we can get them some fresh air next season!#

Not sure where you heard that! But the guys we run with are pretty nice. My buddy Tim has a lightly modded EvoX that just rips! Cannot wait for next season!

We will have a blast!

Last edited:
Nice looking car man i like the OEM hood much better, TBH you should paint those side skirts white also it would look better IMO

Good luck, I don't have to many problems with evos and subies in SM. It could just be my region. GST is a hand full for autocross, but its fun.

That's good to hear! Im very much looking forward to next season.

Almost finished with the skirts!

2012-10-16_17-24-26_654_zps5e3f54c4.jpg

Side Skirts Finished

2012-10-18_12-43-05_550_zps0bd69d7c.jpg

Also installed new shifter assembly and short shifter. Car shifts so much better now. The amount of slop in the old junk ebay shifter was unfathomable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back