The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1995 Talon TSi AWD: automagic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ordered a catch can, 90 degree 2.5" coupler and a m12.1.5 to -4an adaptor for the holset. Sitting down tonight and figuring out what i need for paint. Ill probably start doing more body work this weekend. I also ordered the transfer case seals and the springs for my wastegate.

Any plans for the pass side front strut tower? looks like it could use some loving? BTW awesome body work! can't wait to see this painted!

Got the turbo back together.
43ef3d28-5ad9-4b7c.jpg
43ef3d28-5ae3-37b7.jpg

Got the bearings in tonight. All clearances were the same. Also took the front case off so i can clean it. I have to take the rear case off and replace the rear main seal because its showing signs of a little leak. Pic of bottom end:
43ef3d28-ec79-70d2.jpg

Got the front case on and changed the seal, as well as the rear main. Put the ofh on as well. Got the oil pan on and have to retap a couple of holes. Next up for the motor is water pump and making a support bracket for the turbo. I have to weld the water pipe shut for the coolant line that will no longer be used for the turbo. Also, im still waiting on my friend maching my 1g cylinder head so i might just run the 2g head for now. I also picked up a 1g nt throttle body.

Mock fitted the turbo. I have to lightly dent the waterpipe just to be safe, but i was able to fully slide it behind the turbo. Now i have to fabricate a bracket to support the weight, this setup weighs a ton!!

441883ab-8682-4079.jpg
441883ab-868f-eccf.jpg

Got the oil feedline on tonight to mock fit it. i can make it work, but it will be a lot easier with a -4an 90 fitting. I also dented the waterpipe, and it fits great. I bought the two sideskirt pieces i was missing so i can finish DAing the car.

Ripped into the rust on the shock tower tonight. As expected, the little rot hole ended up being something 3x the size. Luckily, i dont have to bend a piece of metal 8 different ways to fix it. Im going to cut out a rectangle piece of metal, weld it in, then cut a triangle and close the rest of the hole. Should be a simple fix. I also welded a hole in the firewall shut that was for the ac evaporator. Problem is the welder kept melting the metal even at the lowest heat level. So i gotta finish that up too.

43ef3d28-8899-a6d1.jpg
43ef3d28-88a3-2f3b.jpg

Welded in the metal for the rot on the strut tower. Out of the whole weld there is one pinhole. I have to weld the pinhole, then do a little bit more grinding then slapin some bondo on it to make it invisible :twisted:

42575635-b956-4f3c.jpg

Welded in the metal for the rot on the strut tower. Out of the whole weld there is one pinhole. I have to weld the pinhole, then do a little bit more grinding then slapin some bondo on it to make it invisible :twisted:

This build is flying! Your metal work looks great as well.:thumb:

Tonight I decided to drill the holes in the doors for the sideskirts. I put a piece of paper on my 95 gs's door and traced the holes. As I marked the talons doors and started drilling, I quickly realized the PO bondo'd the holes shut :x. As it made my job easier, it just pissed me off how stupid some people can be. I also started welding the rest of the engine bay stuff.

null-2-1.jpg
null-4.jpg
null-5.jpg
null-2-2.jpg
null-6.jpg
null-1-2.jpg

as you can see in the pics the welds aren't grinded all the way down, and there are holes. I used veryyy thin metal and my welder is just melting it like butter.

Cleaned the intake as best i could with the supplies i had. I think it came out great compared to what it looked like before. Im going to paint it black. Also going to paint the valve cover orange with black letters tomorrow.

Intake runner
42575417-7648-f996.jpg

42575417-766b-56e2.jpg

Throttle body part
42575417-76a2-589a.jpg

You have a long way to go still, trust me when i say the following: You will be satisfyed when all is done and you look back at the work put into it:

regards /
,..........Kristian, Sweden

Finished welding the engine bay. Next thing for the bay is its getting degreased again because theres metal shavings EVERYWHERE, then i can start bondoing it. As for the rest of the car, i have to cut out the rotted piece of the hatch and weld a new piece in, and i have to weld the antenna hole shut. After thats done, i can finally start bonding the rest of the car that needs it. I was very satisfied tonight, as i think my mig welding "skills" if you want to even consider it that, is getting better as I welded the heater core hose holes in the firewall and only had one hole. That was a much needed confidence builder.

42575417-a6fc-b741.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back