The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1995 Talon TSi 5 Speed FWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blizzz

Probationary Member
Jan 31, 2005
Pittsfield, Massachuseftts
Up for sale is my 1995 Eagle Talon TSi turbo 5 speed. The car has a good amount of mileage on it, and also has a salvage / rebuilt title so know that up front.

The good: has a fresh coat of paint on most panels, new transmission installed not too long ago, Just replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders, timing belt & cam belts/ sensors replaced. New wiper blades. Recently passed NC state inspection, Good amount of tire tread left. Car was the top of the line back in 1995 and has all the options like leather, power everything, cd / cassette deck (no longer works needs reset), sunroof, cruise control.

The bad:
The car does not have AC. I recently had it charged with freon and it worked for about a day then stopped working leading me to believe there is a leak somewhere in the system. The car also has an exhaust leak which should be able to get fixed for reasonably cheap if you want to. Check engine light will come on and off, I have not checked what the code is, but it could be
related to the exhaust leak. Ceiling material is starting to separate in the cabin a bit. There is also a crack in the windshield which is basically hidden from view (low on the windshield). Front bumper has some paint peeling on it.

The car had a rough idle when first started up. After about 20-30 seconds it was ready to go. If you were to hop in the car, start it up, and immediately try to drive it was very hesitant and would stutter for about 50 feet. After that initial startup it drove smoothly.

Recently, I went to start it up after sitting for a month. It fired right up, but after driving a few miles I noticed it started getting hesitant. The boost gauge reads full boost but the car wasn't pulling the way it should. I think the turbo is probably blown after all these miles, and I would suspect there may be damage to the engine. So basically I'm selling this as a roller, although all the parts are there and could possibly be fixed easily. I just don't have the time to dick around with it. I've got two other cars, and although i drove this one the most it's not necessary to own.

There are a bunch of pictures and a couple videos here:

Index of /random/talon

I'm looking for $2k for everything.

e-mail me or call... i need to get rid of it.

[email protected]
(413) 841-2687

By the way, the car is located in Apex, NC.

Sux about the title, sounds like a project... would you flex on the price at all?
Have you tried the classifieds yet?

It's definitely worth what I'm asking for it, but I do think I can budge on the price. Mechanically other than the engine it's pretty damn solid. The transmission is new / clutch is great and brakes all around are really good.

I would recommend picking it up for those that are looking for a project for sure.

ALSO, the engine is blown (surprise surprise) so this should go to a home ready to drop in a built engine!

Shoot me offers, i need to get rid of this thing. I own 4 cars and only have room for 2 :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back