The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1995 Talon AMB Aero Hill Climb Special

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had the car on the dyno at Four Function Autosport in Kelowna BC Canada last week. Made 424hp/459ftlbs of torque. HP is low due to stock intake and cams not being degreed...or so i figure anyway. This was at 29psi. It made 375awhp and 360ft lbs at 25psi. This is on e85 with 12 degrees during spool up and 19 peak.

https://www.facebook.com/mealing.racing/posts/2102319590025672

Last edited:
I had quite the weekend at the hill climb. First run up the hill i put the car into the wall about 31 feet from the finish line. :(

So i spent the rest of saturday fixing it. Rad support and drivers side headlight were pushed back about 3 inches. Fan was smashed into the turbo(and melting) and the rad needed a little jb weld to keep it from leaking where the center of the fan poked into it. Also, had to built a new front splitter over night in a much simpler form which ended up working not too bad. The original one was bigger and had diffusers in it. Made a huge amount of downforce to the point that at 160kmh the front of the car was skipping along the ground. The smaller splitter proved to make quite a bit less downforce without the diffusers and was very noticeable with the car going from a little loose to a little tight..(which is ok for a hill climb with roads only a little wider than the car.

Here is a sorta crappy video of the crash...notice at the beginning of the video where the splittler is sitting an inch or less from the ground...i have it 4 inches from the ground static!

Before...
32928268_2116244088633222_131716721298898944_n.jpg

And the aftermath...
32933767_2116255895298708_1036321814059417600_n.jpg

and after the repair...

33089693_2116735088584122_5545743802175586304_n.jpg

So...get the car back together and start getting my confidence back sunday. The car feels a lot different and i am a little scared of it now. LOL!

Start of the fastest run.

And the complete in car of the fastest run. This was a 1:57.8 which was over 2 seconds faster than my fastest before and good enough for the GTM class win and 7th overall.

Ive got some ideas and a few tweaks and what not to do on the car but on a whole for its first real event out I am very happy. There is a TON more speed in the car even the way it is. Four Function autosport in Kelowna was awesome to work with on the dyno. Mirror Image customs in Kelowa always helps me out with numbers/liverys/sponsor logos. And, of course, Andrew Brilliant/AMB Aero and carbonetics for their support along the way!

crash damage could have been worse! Great job on the class win!!! looks like a ton of fun.

Looks good not that much damaged.
When i first looked at it i was pumped....this will be easy to fix. And then i tried to close the hood again.... It flexed enough without breaking on the impact so that was cool. But when i went to close it again and saw the smoke coming off the fan cause it was melting into the turbo i knew it was worse than it looked. The lower rad support was pushed back close to 4 inches and the upper was back about 2.5-3 inches. Headlight was an inch or so low(still is a little low...got some more pulling to do there) But...hooked the car to my brothers welding truck and pulled everything straight enough that the hood closed on the hood pins so it is pretty damn good. Some duct tape and some white spray pain...good to go. ALSO....building a splitter from plywood seemed like an amazing idea now. I may not even switch to something more legit since this is so easy to fix in a very short amount of time. Ill find somewhere to save another 20lbs and call it good. haha!

Hey guys...I have started to actually put some content on my Youtube channel. Go subscribe and I hope to post a video a week or so...maybe more as i get it really rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/user/smokin80

Here is my most recent video:

Hopefully you'll keep posting updates here in this thread for those who have subscribed to this build thread.

Be sure to create a DSM profile for this car here:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

This way I can tie your build thread to it. I added "hill climb" as a build type so you can select it ;)

I will do that!

Hopefully you'll keep posting updates here in this thread for those who have subscribed to this build thread.

I will post as I go along. There are so many bloody platforms now it is hard to keep up. And unfortunately the social media platforms are how I get sponsors. I will make a point of keeping things going in here. Forums are clearly way better than social media for info!

Thanks for checking out the build

I degreed the cams last night. I did not do this by the book. But with a little double checking and playing around I managed to get them very close. Your. Mileage will vary! There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Nice work! Congrats.

When are you hitting full boost? It looks like it's hitting hard right after 4k.

What size turbine housing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back