The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So this is a update over the car from when i got it to today (April 12, 2018). So after i bought the car. I bought some maintenance items. I bought new timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, ngk wires, fuel filter, oil filter, nee oil, coolant, etc (full tune up). I paid the tags (550$ back fees). After all that the car didnt want to run. My mechanic abilities/knowledge was very very limited and i was too afraid to work on the car. I took it to a shop and was told it had bent valves. I bought some stuff to stock pile on parts for the build. After around 1 years or so of saving money i took it to the shop again and paid 4.5k (labor and parts) to get the engine and transmission rebuilt (might as well get everything good). I took the car in around November 2017. I got the car back on around January/February from the shop with a 3 month warranty on engine and a 1 year warranty on the transmission. After i got the car back it was my daily for a while. I bought it a front bumper, gauges (AEM wideband, Dragoon gauge boost and oil pressure). I also bought it some new wheels (OZ Rally Enkei Wheels found on 99 Eclipse Special Edition). I installed my gsx high rise spoiler. The car was good and i was driving about 40 miles a day commuting to work and school. Around March the end of February/ mid March my stock turbo blew up (i was told by the shop). There was this grinding noise and i was told it was the turbo. I took it back home. Its been sitting since. I had a extra 14b with a cracked housing but it needed a new actuator(parts are hard to find; $200 new oem). So i decided to buy a cx racing 16g just temporary to get my car running. I plan on ordering a new fuel pump and maybe drive without a tune (i will consult road race about this). I font plan on running the car hard. I drive really slow and never hit boost on t25 (2k rpm+). I dont plan hitting boost on the 16g as much as possible just so i can drive it. It is my daily and i kind of need it. When i drained the oil my car only had 1 quart of oil. This gives me a bad sign of things. Because when i took the car to the shop it had full oil (if not they would've told me it was low on oil, etc). So either it burned up or maybe they drained it out and forgot to put some in or i dont know. But fingers crossed it all good.

Last edited:
Here is an update on the build. I bought a repainted front bumper with a lip from "The Budget Tuner", a youtuber that had a 2g GSX. I also just bought a 20g tdo6 turbo. Could be a L3-L5 20g. Dont know yet. But i got the turbo as a kit with a ported evo 3 02 housing. Sbr manifold. Tial wastegate and dump. Also came with upper and lower heatshield. Planning on running it soon after i finish maintenance on this car and then start messing with it. Im also getting the car a hit together for mod. As for the noise the car was making, the flexplate bolts were loose so the flexplate was hitting something making a knocking sound. It was fixed but after finding out i regret taking it to a local shop. I just hope the trans gets fixed soon by them since its under warranty. The trans also jerks when shifting into Reverse or Drive (Auto) so thats another issue the shop NEEDS to fix. I also bought a new dipstick. New ties rods. New trans cover and bolts. New headlights. Im stocking on parts while at the same time getting my maitenance stuff together. I already have a 20g bolt on kit, arp head studs, and a new headgasket i bought new 2 years ago. Also going to see how long engine/trans lasts from the rebuild and then tear it down and build it up. As of now though taking car of the car starting with suspension since i already technically did the trans/engine stuff. After suspension moving on to drivetrain parts, rear lsd, driveshaft, ect. Also since ive installed the cx racing 16g, ive been driving the car. Since the rebuild (4 months ago) the engine now has about 5k miles and 16g turbo has 4k miles. Ive been boosting on it and its been holding well. Not going over stock boost gauge limit. Also havnt installed my gauges yet. Planning on doing so soon once i also gather dsm link. Also i started this new local Socal chat on facebook messenger. Meeting some great local Dsmers to grow with and just share our passion and laughs. More updates soon. Also cant wait for MOD.

The car does not run. It did run from February 2018-December 2018. The car had a cx 16g untuned. Due to preignition the headgasket went out. The car was stock with same bolt on the car was bought. I added the ebay 16g because the turbo blew up

As of March 6, 2019 the car doesn't run. I bought a lot of upgrades and am waiting for it to get built by a shop not too far away. Over time i have the following parts bought and ready for install.
-Fp air intake non-recirculating with 4' K&N filter
-aem Wideband X series
-speed density bundle kit from Ecm
- ecm link v3 and eprom ecu
-slow boy racing manifold
-20g tdo6 turbo converted and rebuilt into an old school fp green
-tial 38mm external wastegate
-02 dump
-cx racing aluminum 1G radiator modified for a 2g
-2150cc fic injectors with adapters
-450lph walbro fuel pump and install kit
-fuel lab fpr 818 kit
-GSC

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back