The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX turbo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul23 forehand

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2014
brainerd, Minnesota
Hey guys my old turbo went out so I got a new garrett t25. Everything seems to be good no leaks or anything drives way better then it did before.

The only issue is where the turbo hooks up to the exhaust is leaking exhaust. I was just going to bring it to one of my mechanic friends on Monday when he gets home, I'm guessing it's really simple something to do with the gasket but I'm just wore out from digging down there because the previous owner had some weird turbo in there that I guess he claimed is supposed to be equivalent to the t25 but it's not the t25 so when I replaced it I had to redo almost all the lines because he had everything different to fit that one.

So yah I'm just fed up with it and my friend said he would have no problem doing it Monday. I was just wondering is it safe to drive till Monday or should I leave it parked and get rides as I need to go places?

Hey guys my old turbo went out so I got a new garrett t25. Everything seems to be good no leaks or anything drives way better then it did before. The only issue is where the turbo hooks up to the exhaust is leaking exhaust. I was just going to bring it to one of my mechanic friends on Monday when he gets home, I'm guessing it's really simple something to do with the gasket but I'm just wore out from digging down there because the previous owner had some weird turbo in there that I guess he claimed is supposed to be equivalent to the t25 bug it's not the t25 so when I replaced it I had to redo almost all the lines because he had everything different to fit that one. So yah I'm just fed up with it and my friend said he would have no problem doing it monday. I was just wondering is it safe to drive till Monday or should I leave it parked and get rides as I need to go places?
where did you buy your turbo at? And can it be either the GT2554R or the GT2560R or what is the difference? I have a 97 GST

And can it be either the GT2554R or the GT2560R or what is the difference? I have a 97 GST
:confused:

It's neither- the factory turbo is a TB2566.

Here's a new aftermarket CHRA- simply remove the blown factory CHRA and install this one, and you're back to boosting for a fraction of the cost of a complete new Garrett turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back