The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1995 Eclipse GST won't start, I believe I narrowed it down to two things

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo17k

Probationary Member
Feb 19, 2020
Cicero, Illinois
Basically car has been sitting for years, engine has been rebuilt. I didn't do the rebuild but the injectors are spraying fuel, all 4 plugs are sparking( I checked the order of the plugs and tried various orientations) mechanical timing seems fine, put new fuel in it and still nothing. I've gotten closer to where as before it would crank with nothing happening to now I crank it, it backfires and revs to 500. So I believe it's the water temperature sensors since all 4 are cut and not connected at all. I already messaged a seller for a harness but have yet to hear back. I believe since none are connected its dumping too much fuel into the cylinders and causing it to backfire. I'm thinking it could also be the immobilizer since it seems like it wants to start? Still not 100% sure so I'm asking these forums for a 2nd opinion. Also, the connectors for these water temperature sensors would come with the harness that has the fuse box right?

Yes without a ECT sensor signal to the ECU it will default to thinking it's -40* and dump a ton of fuel. This will usually result in the car flooding and not starting. The sensors are all on the engine harness, the fuse box harness is separate.

95 did not come with an immobilizer from the factory (don’t think any 2g has one). They did have factory security system but I think it’s the kind where the door has to be opened with key or factory keyless entry.

What I'm currently going up against. I feel so discouraged looking at this section of the harness, it's so hacked up. My plan initially was to find a new harness but I'm struggling to find one that'll fit. The only option I see online is a 300 dollar engine harness.

Attachments

• 20200220_182831.jpg
    20200220_182831.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 20200220_182807.jpg
    20200220_182807.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
It’s not as bad as it seems. Go to ohmracing.com and order the pigtails you need and either solder or crimp you’re new connections in. The wiring colors for each part are easily searchable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back