The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 1995 eclipse gst wont idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbgxLilkd

Proven Member
Jan 12, 2019
Clarkesville, Georgia
My 1995 mitsubishi eclipse gst wont idle Right for some reason. It acts like it ain’t getting fuel but I am sure it’ll turn over fine and act like it wants to start But still want have done bought new spark plus and tried hitting it with some starter fluid and still cant get it to run without me haveing my foot on the gas

Ok thanks^^ update on the situation i had the took to the machine shop and got it back put everything together and the car will turn over pretty good soundz better then it did but its still not cranking, But its backfireing now for some reason idk why its be doing it but im going to do a compression test tommrow to see if it improved or not and if it didnt im guessing my rings are bad and if its the case im just gonna rebuild the car from ground up

Ok thanks^^ update on the situation i had the took to the machine shop and got it back put everything together and the car will turn over pretty good soundz better then it did but its still not cranking, But its backfireing now for some reason idk why its be doing it but im going to do a compression test tommrow to see if it improved or not and if it didnt im guessing my rings are bad and if its the case im just gonna rebuild the car from ground up
Please check mechanical timing again. It really didnt sound like you knew what you were doing from the other posts.

Ive did
Please check mechanical timing again. It really didnt sound like you knew what you were doing from the other posts.
timeing on plenty of dohc before still kinda new to the whole eclipse thing because before i had a 420a that i built,But whos to say i may have got off a tooth or something ill make sure i double check though pauley

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back