The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1995 Eclipse GST from Dominican Republic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been watching this thread for a while. Pretty cool to see DSMs overseas. How did the car get to DR?

The rattling in the transmission could be the throw-out bearing (TOB). Does the sound go away when you push the clutch in?

Been watching this thread for a while. Pretty cool to see DSMs overseas. How did the car get to DR?

The rattling in the transmission could be the throw-out bearing (TOB). Does the sound go away when you push the clutch in?

Thank you Kreez!

I actually have no idea if it was brought here on 95 or if it was brought by a local dealer.

At the moment we didn't test pushing the clutch in and i haven't been able to further advance in this but it does sound an awful lot like the TOB. I will keep you guys posted.

It might be the TOB, when buying these ebay clutches you should only use the oem TOB..the ones that come with the clutch kit almost always give out prematurely

Hi guys,

Had an eventful October which started with my dad having been diagnosed with Cancer, so as you may know, the car was the last thing on my mind. He is going to have his second chemo on Tuesday, the first one was a good one.

This week we are finishing the car, the noise turned out to be something that needed adjustment it's basically only left to an oil change for engine and tranny and new spark plugs.

Thank you Arrowhead. You should have crossed to the island. We have an event in the mountains; we have Lamborghini Aventador racing Ferrari Italia's, Carrera GT, GTR's, Panamera and other exotic cars. I'll upload a couple of pics in the next days.

Well I know Luis does not do drags but from the list of cars you mentioned I think they would be more at home in a road course, that is why I asked about them.

This picture is from last night, hopefully i'll be getting the car back today :)

Have a messed up front bumper, have to get that replaced with time, due to the size, the shipping here cost a lot of money.

b9jXWYh.jpg

And i fell in love even harder this time around. Finally have the car again, it pulls great, we haven't boost it up yet. It's currently set at 7psi on the stock turbo and mani.

One thing...this car has always filtrated smoke in the cabin, do you guys know any possible leads? At first i thought it was through the drains under the spare tire but i sealed it off.

Two things i noticed, i have a double din radio but whenever i'm shifting gears, i feel hot air coming out of the radio area and also even with the AC turned off, if i speed up i feel air coming through the ac vents.

Please help, i detest that smoke smell.

And i fell in love even harder this time around. Finally have the car again, it pulls great, we haven't boost it up yet. It's currently set at 7psi on the stock turbo and mani.

One thing...this car has always filtrated smoke in the cabin, do you guys know any possible leads? At first i thought it was through the drains under the spare tire but i sealed it off.

Two things i noticed, i have a double din radio but whenever i'm shifting gears, i feel hot air coming out of the radio area and also even with the AC turned off, if i speed up i feel air coming through the ac vents.

Please help, i detest that smoke smell.
Hope you are alright, sorry.
For air blowing through the vents try moving this to the right side like in this picture:
!BzY864g!Wk~$(KGrHqZ,!g4Ew48i)KqBBMV0Fe0pNw~~_12.JPG

If there is still air flowing then the cable that that knob holds might be loose, try looking for it.

Hope you are alright, sorry.
For air blowing through the vents try moving this to the right side like in this picture:View attachment 241162
If there is still air flowing then the cable that that knob holds might be loose, try looking for it.

Hi Jaydsm, i had tried that before but there were still air coming in. What we did was to shut off manually some kind of vent that is accessible behind the glove box. It reduced greatly, i still sense the smell a little but i need to change my weatherstrips. If i open the Sunroof then it comes in a lot, not sure why.[DOUBLEPOST=1418131032][/DOUBLEPOST]Just to update:

My fuel pump is failing, so i will have to get a new one but on a happy note i ordered some XXR 527 18x8.75 +35mm Offset rims, should be arriving here in about a month, I was told i will need to roll my fenders, i was thinking of using either 225/40/18 or 225/35/15 tires, what would you guys recommend? Also, i need to lower the car and i want to buy Megan Racing EZ Street Coilovers but i have to save up to buy them, what would you recommend in the meantime? Some people here cut the oem springs but in some cars the car starts bouncing like crazy.

Screenshot2012-02-04at52731PM.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1418186514][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone with tire size recommendations?

Last edited:
I just ordered the 1999 front bumper and headlights as well :) Feeling happy.

All i have left to buy is the rear bumper, EZ Street Coilovers to then move to the engine bay :D

I need help guys!

The car has suddenly started to have a crazy ass idle. I could start the car and the idle be perfectly fine and at any given moment on the ride or when i turn it off and turn it on then it's either really high (Up to 2,000rpm) or too low (300rpm) this is after warming up the car and everything.

What could this be?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back