The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 1995 Eclipse GS: IAC Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragnous

Proven Member
Nov 29, 2014
Clearwater, Florida
First off thank you all for your help in the past.

New thing LOL..

I got around to swapping out my IAC i purchased 4+ months ago LOL.. First thing i noticed is that the center shaft is quite a bit smaller than my oem..

Here is a link to similar to what i got
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-IAC33-Idl...ywords=iac+idle+air+control+valve++95+eclipse

I said well lets see if it works.. I got it installed released the Throttle Body and started car... idles at 4k and adjustment screw is fully backed down.

So my thought is that the throttle body i have on mine may require one with longer shalf but not sure on that.

I also recently read that when changing out the iac there is a procedure to reset things and I was curious if that is why it wasn't working correctly?

^bump..
Any ideas ... anyone

I have been looking and still havnt found out the truth of my situation..

Also Having troubles again with o2 Sensor.

P0134 - 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)
Recently Replaced with Brand New O2 Sensor and still have problem

So back to drawing board.

Last edited:
It's possible the connector is bad for the 02 sensor. Check the wires and clean the plug then try again.

As far as the IAC, you should never adjust the stop screw on the TB.

On a 4g63 you can adjust the BISS, but this doesn't exist on a 420a. When installing a new IAC you need to disconnect the battery so the ECU can learn the new IAC. Check the coils for proper resistance, and pull the IAC, keep it plugged in and watch to make sure the pintle is moving in and out properly when you turn the key to "on" (the new IACs pintle is fully retracted so it will look shorter compared to the old one). You may have to keep the key on for 15 seconds a few times to get it to start moving.

Also clean the hole where the IAC mounts and make sure the o ring is seated properly. I had a brand new standard IAC not work right out of the box.

Also the only place I've ever seen this "OEM" brand is for auto zone tools, so idk about their electronics. When you're in doubt about a 420a electronics, hit the junkyard and fill your pockets. If you absolutely want new, and not pay for real OEM mitsu/Chrysler parts, Ive had good results with Standard intermotor (except that one IAC) or airtex/wells.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back