The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1995 Eclipse Clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2012
San Diego, California
My clutch works, but I need to change it.

It's for a 1995 Eclipse Rs.

I'm not sure, but when I drive it sounds like something is dragging on the floor. Not sure what that is?

What kind of clutch kit would I need to buy?

( Sorry I'm new at this and don't understand it much any help helps out Thanks for your time DSM'ers )

Why do you think you clutch is going out? Is it slipping?

When you drive it, it sounds like something is dragging on the floor?? What does this mean?

The floor, as in the floorboard to your car? Or by floor do you mean ground?

The best way for me to check for a bad clutch is to park it, pull the e-brake, put it in 5th gear and 'launch' it. If you hear it kind of drag for a couple seconds then die after the clutch is engaged, you have a bad clutch. If it catches and dies almost immediately, your clutch has life (or some) left in it. Another way if you're not comfortable with that is to take it on the road and shift into 5th gear at around 30-40mph and floor it. If the rpms increase without you actually gaining speed, bad clutch (slipping).

It's probably your input shaft bearing. Lookup videos on youtube of the Dodge Neon doing the same thing. Does it make the noise with the clutch pressed in or clutch out (driving around) ???

Chris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back