The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bone stock, made the trip to Ohio for the DSM/Evo/GTR Shootout...
Only had to stop once and make a clutch line in the parts store parking lot. Other than that, no issues for the 16 hour trip.

Talon at Ohio.jpg

Took off the OE manifold and turbo and put something on to let it breath a bit better. FP manifold and 20g rebuilt by Justin.

Manifold Off.jpg

Manifold 20g On.jpg

Did the old pull one bolt and install one stud trick. So far its held up great.

L19 Studs.jpg

Wanted a light upgrade so I did a retrofit on some 2ga spares, went with Morimoto Mini H1 v7.0's. (may be looking to do a new set here soon).

Baking Headlights.jpg

HID Retrofit.jpg

image-20160307_180712.jpg

image-20160304_175429.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to pull the engine and do some gasket replacements, while it was out I picked up an ETS FMIC kit and FP intake.

ETS FMIC.jpg

After doing all the gaskets and timing belt, I found out that the original seal on my front balance shaft had worn a groove in the housing. I tried 2 different seals and it was still leaking from behind the front cover so I did the next logical thing, a BSE. However I DO NOT recommend doing this with the engine in the car. It was a super pain in the ass. Once it was done though all is good and the car does not leak.(knocks on wood) While it was out I also swapped in some straight cut gears for the oil pump since I did the OEM stub shaft for the BSE and rotated the bearing.

Old Front Cover.jpg

Front Cover Off.jpg

BSE.jpg

Also swapped in some Comp Clutch/Flywheel goodies from Mr. Zimmer while I was in there doing the gasket refresh.

Comp Flywheel.jpg

Comp Clutch.jpg

Got in while I could with the Mach V RM sway bar opportunity. Also you can see I have had the Volk Racing control arms and what not. If you cant tell by now but a lot of these are old pictures I'm just trying to update the build. I will attempt to do a better job of taking pictures and what not as we go forward with this one. I also have Evo X brakes swapped on it, I'll have to dig up some pictures of that to add.

Rear Swaybar Compare.jpg

Rear Swaybar On.jpg

Front Swaybar.jpg

This is pretty much how she sits now, call it V.3.0. I also have some Radium Catch Cans(wanted a Calan can but he doesn't make them anymore) that I am waiting to install once my Frontline Fabrications valve cover shows up......

Talon vs 3.0.jpg

Radium Catch Can.jpg

Well, valve cover came yesterday and the injector seals came today. I found a boost leak on injector number 2 while tracking down some idle issues with another dsmer looking at my logs and street tuning it for me remotely. I took the intake to the local fab shop today and he told me that he would have the bungs welded in for me tomorrow to pick-up. So looks like I may be able to get this thing finally tuned up and running properly here pretty soon barring any other issues that pop up! Anywho, on to the pictures...

PS:Anyone have any pointers for the spark plug wire routing? They aren't sitting properly with the Evo 3 intake on and these are 2g wires. Will 1g wires route them properly? I really don't see a need to go COP so as far as recommendations please don't advise that, now relocation of coils I'm ok with...anything other than a build your own plug kit work?

Magnecore wires .jpeg

radum cans mounted 1.jpeg

VC on 1.jpeg

Radium cans 1.jpeg

Frontline VC.jpg

Frontline VC2.jpg

Got the install finished up tonight after the welding was done on the intake. Super excited to get it back on the road and see what we can squeeze out of it. I also got an Mac 3 port EBC valve installed so hopefully get a little better boost control than the old Halman Pro MBC.

PXL_20220115_031321003.jpg

PXL_20220115_030918873.jpg

PXL_20220115_030906958.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back